Goodbye Mr Stewie Man

Allerzeit

God Speed Stewie!

A candle is burning brightly in his honour.

There are various places in which a dog may be buried.

Beneath a cherry tree, or an apple tree, or any flowering shrub is an excellent place to bury a good dog. Beneath such trees, such shrubs, he slept in the drowsy summer, or gnawed at a favorite bone, or lifted his head to challenge some strange intruder. These are good places in life or death. Yet, it is a small matter. For if the dog be well remembered, if sometimes he leaps in through your dreams actual as in life, eyes kindling, laughing, begging, it matters not at all where the dog sleeps. On a hill where the wind is unrebuked and the trees are roaring, or beside a stream he knew in puppy hood, or somewhere in the flatness of a pastureland where most exhilarating cattle graze. It is all one to the dog, and all one to you, and nothing is gained and nothing is lost - if memory lives.

But there is one best place to bury a dog. If you bury him in this spot he will come to you when you call, come to you over the grim, dim frontiers of death, and down the well-remembered path, and to your side again. An again you call a dozen living dogs to heel, they shall not growl at him nor resent his coming, for he belongs there. People may scoff at you who see no lightest blade of grass bent by his foot-fall, who hear no whimper, people who may never have had a dog. Smile at them - for you shall know something that is hidden from them, and that is well worth the knowing.

The best place to bury a dog is in the heart of his master (or mistress).

Author Unknown.

:rofl: Words cannot express the sorrow I feel for you right now Trace.

Stewie is now watching over you with that gorgeous big smiley face of his, he will always be YOUR champion.

I have had 4 canine losses in 3yrs(one 14 yo, one 9mth old, one 7.5 yo and a Rescue, plus my Mum- Mum is buried at the Cemetery) and have had all of the dogsl cremated and they all have their "boxes" in special places in the house.

When I lost Maggie aka Ch Colbeau Go Get Em Legal last July 2005 at just under 8yrs I had her photo sealed to the box. I used Pets Cremation Service down Geelong way and yes it is hard when the Vet rings to say their ashes have arrived back.

Take the time to grieve Sweetie and cry all you want

Hugs

Colleen

Edited by InspectorRex

Run with the wind under foot dear stewie..............you came...... made your presence known.......and so it was time for you to leave..........

A remarkable animal is missed by his carers, fret not as he watches on with that majestic expression in his eyes, he made you happy and he always will.

Stewie,you are timeless and so your memories will always.............be........... inbued with love.............

:D :confused: :rolleyes:

Brightest blessings to you and family :D :D

Sleep well ..........puppy stewie................sleep well..........when you wake in the next land...........don't eat too much!

Edited by rottywoman

I picked up Stewie's ashes this morning :laugh:

I thought I'd been doing so well lately, and this has bought all the pain back. I've never had a dog cremated before, so I didn't know what to expect. Has anyone else had a cremation done and then felt like this when picking up the ashes?

I think the next hurdle is going to be to bury the ashes, which I know OH wants to do, and we will then plant a tree over them - it's all going to hurt again then, isn't it?

God, sorry for rambling - I know I'm not the only person to have gone through this, but it's all very raw this morning.

Guest Clover

You are in my thoughts Tracey :rofl:. Not having been through the cremation process before i can only offer you support, good thoughts and :D.

:cheer:

Edited by Clover

• 2 weeks later...

Trace,

I have only just seen this thread.

I am so sorry sweetie.

And its more than okay to ramble, we all know what its like...

Take strength with each day in knowing that Stewie is pain free & waiting for you at the bridge.

:dropjaw:

Jacq