Spike

wednesday

These are some picture of my best dog ever, Spike. He was born in Feb 1991 and died 2nd August 2003. I found him at about 3 months old at a time in my life where I didn't know if I wanted to be here myself and he gave me the strength to carry on. My life was hard and he looked like he came from somewhere where he had been abused. He was a vicious little thing that wanted to attack everyone and everything he came accross but he was extremely loyal and loving to me.

He was diagnosed with skin cancer in July and have a chunk of skin removed from his belly. All was healing fine and he was back to trying to attack everything until his stitches started letting go. So he had to go back under to get re-stitched. He was home a couple of days and then he started coughing up blood and breathing funny. I rushed him back to the vet and he said that he though maybe the tube they put down their throat scratched it and he said he should be fine because of how strong he still was (tried to bite him etc). He died in his sleep that night. He was inside so he must have gone quietly or I would've heard him. I had xmas bells around his neck and he got up and shook to let me know he wanted to go out - it worked for 3 weeks, that night there was silence.

He was my best friend, my guardian angel and my soulmate. I have never had anyone or anything touch my heart as much as this little soul did, nor do I think I will ever connect with another. I am still shattered over losing him.

"You watched me struggle through life while you lived out yours. Thank you for staying by my side until I found the right path. I will never forget you."

post-19-1073472024.jpg

post-19-1073472024.jpg

Guest jess&anka

aaaaaawwwww..... poor spike....

just to let you know there is a white doggie next door with the name of spike.... they look identical....

p.s. It seems like i follow you everywhere...

• 6 months later...
Guest JustMe

What a beautiful memorial to a beautiful friend Wednesday, you have a wonderful way of putting your feelings into words. I believe that of all the lessons we must learn in living life, To learn to live with the pain of loss of a treasured love is the hardest lesson of all, but yet we love and we lose, the alternative is not to love at all and what joy we would miss out on then. Just know there are others out there who understand and share your pain so you are never alone.

:)