Sheep Herding Lessons

SHEEP HERDING

The GSDL of NSW is calling for members and non members who would like to participate in the fast growing activity of sheep herding with their German Shepherd Dogs.

To register interest call the League Secretary Andrew Thor 02 9970 8727

Or

Pat Smith Ph 02 468 09289

We are for the time being going to piggy back on the Bearded Collie Club of NSW, commencing this Saturday afternoon, could all interested parties please contact me ASAP, ph. 46 809 289 or by email.

Edited by Pat Smith

Unfortunately this weekend is VERY busy (and the last few weekends have been too!). I have a Hen's night on Saturday and then the Million Paws Walk on Sunday with work. I pick up the new pup on Friday afternoon. Will post pics then! :thumbsup:

Might try to make it to the next one. Diesel is not overly motivated by many things, so I don't know how he'll go. I know the Kelpie should be able to do it - just need to find a good place.

Turboterror dont suppose you know of somewhere near Brisbane that does this?. Would love to go with my shelties.

I have the name of a very good trainer in QLD - He do not charge the earth and understands training without harsh methods. Email me and I will give you his phone number.

We have had a change, the Beardie Club can no longer take the Shepherds but Hawkesbury Herding Club will take as many as we can throw at them, so I've been told.

Venue, the Showground opposite the airforce base at Richmond, off Racecourse Rd. Time, Saturday mornings, from 9 am.

Because the Club is not run under the CC's umbrella, membership of the club is required for insurance purposes.

For further information, please email me.

Does anyone know of any herding days coming up in Western Vic or where I could find out..... would love to give Darcy a go on sheep but my parents are now retired from farming!

Thanks Mooper - Echuca's on the border of NSW/Vic (Echuca - Moama) which is about 3.5 hour drive..... thats without piddle breaks :D Tullamarine is a bit closer so will keep my eyes peeled!

Thanks! :laugh:

No worries, feralpup. I think DOL member herding_guy runs the Tullamarine sessions ... hunt through the archives of this part of the forum and I'm sure more info will come to light!

Sorry for going off-topic, Pat Smith :laugh: Hope the Erskine Park and Richmond herding is all going well. I haven't seen any GSDs herding yet, just Belgians so far out of the sheps.

• 3 weeks later...

Mooper, the GSDs are doing great in herding - Judy Attwater's Registered GSD was one of the first GSD in NSW to obtain a Herding Title, and four other registered GSDs in the New England Area have their HIC's. Have a look in the Victorian Herding Assoc. website as all results are placed on that Web. it is very interesting.

SHEEP HERDING

The GSDL of NSW is calling for members and non members who would like to participate in the fast growing activity of sheep herding with their German Shepherd Dogs.

To register interest call the League Secretary Andrew Thor 02 9970 8727

Or

Pat Smith Ph 02 468 09289

We are for the time being going to piggy back on the Bearded Collie Club of NSW, commencing this Saturday afternoon, could all interested parties please contact me ASAP, ph. 46 809 289 or by email.

GOOD ON YAH PAT

be good to see all the working dog breed clubs get behind herding its what the dogs were bred for so nice to see some people in each breed is interested in going back to the grass roots.

Tracey