Am I Making The Pup Harder To Learn

poochall

I was readin through another post about a pup sleeping through the night and how you should ignore the pup. I work night shifts and on the nights that i work i finish at about 3 am sometimes 4 am and go home and sleep till about 11 am - 12 pm and i know the pup has had some people up a couple of times during the night not alot though. But when im sleeping im the only person home so if the pup cries i go and get her and put her in my bed and she snuggles into me until i get up but this is daytime so would it affect her night time training me doing this ?

i dont want to affect the training but i need to be completely alert during night shift. after she has had a nap with me she then plays for the remainder of the day so she is getting alot of excercise

oh and for those interested the introduction to my other dogs is going well. The male loves having a bounding pup around because it means he can carry on like a pup. Its still going slow with my female but we havent had anymore barking at the pup she stays her distance from the pup and allows the pup to come up to her and i think the pup knows that she isnt interested in playing. She does go up to the pup if the pup cries im still keeping her's and the pups contact very closely monitored while i let the male and the pup play within eye shot but i know he isnt going to hurt the pup.

What ever works for you then do it, as long as the puppy knows that you are the boss and you train her

I like my dogs crate trained, once they are housetrained they sleep on beds in my room, but until then they are crated, safe and sound from the other dogs

Glad everything is going well with the other dogs

You said " so if the pup cries i go and get her "

So you are training her to cry if she wants attention and no-one is around. It is very possible she will do this during the night as well when you are at work.

But when im sleeping im the only person home so if the pup cries i go and get her and put her in my bed and she snuggles into me until i get up but this is daytime so would it affect her night time training me doing this ?

Sound like you're doing a good job. I agree with Peibe, whatever work for you is fine. Dogs adapt to all sorts of sleeping patterns.

The only thing to watch is not to take the pup out of the crate while it's crying, wait till it stops and then take it out. I often move my pup from her crate to a bed next to my other dog during the evening.

Have fun

When Fitz and Kettle were pups I found that they did tend to sleep a lot through the day anyway, even after a good nights sleep. So I don't think any harm is done by taking the pup to bed with you.

My husband gets up at around 6 am, and he takes them out, then puts them back in bed with me, and I like to sleep in a little, we have never had a problem with their training. Pups are pretty adaptive.