Help! I Cannot Train 2 Puppies At Once!

Maile

Thanks for the suggestions, people. I find them very helpful. Today, I tried to bring one in with the other one kept outside and I will keep the one inside very busy with training and lots of treats and a short game with a tennis ball.

I try very hard to create bond with the one inside the house with me and I dont really have a problem with the one inside. He/She seems happy and content with the training/treats but the one outside will keep yelping and whining. I am afraid that the neighbours will start to complain. :o I will make kongs later for the one outside and hopefully will be seeing better results!

But today's progress is definitely better than yesterday!

Will keep this post updated.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ViVien:

He/She seems happy and content with the training/treats but the one outside will keep yelping and whining.

That's why you need to give a time consuming treat/activity to entertain the outside one while he or she learns to cope with being on their own.

Try a nice bone or a stuffed kong.

UPDATE:

OH has been keeping one pup busy while I am with the other one keeping it busy as well. We did this for 10 minutes and then swap the puppies. And we have no problem at all! :o

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions. It is definitely working. :D

I don't mean to sound rude, but I am assuming you aren't expecting Ginger to come back if you have already bought two new puppies? Please make sure you get them desexed and microchipped ASAP so that if they happen to disappear, they will be of no value to anyone and be promptly returned to you.

Hmmm.

Help! I Cannot Train 2 Puppies At Once!

Well then don't try to maybe? Last known we/you are still looking for Ginger..........she only went missing two weeks ago...................

They will bond to each other first and training will be v. difficult and not a wise way to go about having two dogs. Being only ten weeks old I would rehome one asap and leave yourself the space to focus on one dog at a time. Just my opinion, you get cranky old 50 year olds when you write on a public forum *red face*.

I'm still hoping you find Ginger.

Archived