A Few Questions. (new Puppy Coming)

bikle

I am finally getting the puppy I have been dreaming of for years. Douglas is a pembroke corgi and is currently 5 weeks old so now it's time to get really organised. (will post pictures in the photo thread today)

My breeder is putting together a fact sheet for me which I really appreciate but have some things that are playing on my mind.

We are bringing the puppy into a household where there is one adult female dog (a aussy shepard cross) who gets walked twice a day in the park. She is fully vaccinated and doesn't interact with other dogs in the park. With my pup being bough home at 8 weeks, and not fully vaccinated until 12 weeks, do I need to seperate the 2 dogs for the 4 week gap? Can parvo and kennel cough be passed on this way?

Also, we are planning on modifying a babies play pen for a place for him to be when we can't watch him like a hawk. Would it be best to set this up in a room (such as the lounge) where he would always be around people, or in a quiet room such as the study?

I am so excited I might die! ;) :):rofl::rofl: ;)

I really appriciate your help.

I would maybe watch where you walk the adult dog for awhile,instead of going to the park just walk around the block & preferably on the road.

Your adult dog could bring parvo home but also remember you can bring it home on your shoes so i would play it safe & let the 2 dogs interact & make it bonding time without taking the adult to high risk areas.

Keep playpen in an area where it can still see ,that way pup is still exposed to noises people etc & also learns to sleep & have time out whilst distractions are there