Very Distraught, Can Someone Give Me Some Advice?

tommygirl3669

Hi guys....need some help....

My Dog had pups 4 weeks ago now, and she started out with 6, but have whittled down to 3....(1 was already gone when born)

But now I have come down to these 3, I am noticing one is acting very strange.

She is bobbling her head everywhere like she can't keep it up, and also she walks and then all of a sudden rolls over...........any thoughts? any suggestions? it isn't her legs as I have tested all of them...and as her pregnancy wasn't known of until the pups were born maybe she was just born like this, maybe she was in teh sac for too long...but what my main question is............Should I be expecting the vet to say put her down? :hitself: Just need to mentally prepare myself, as I have helped hand rear this pup for the last 2 weeks.

Please help, all suggestions taken into account:)

Thanking you all

Charene :cry:

Hi,

Go to the vets before you lose them all,or at least phone.

There is a 24 hour vet on Anzac Highway,one at Golden Grove

One on Walkerville terrace & a couple of others in yellow pages.

No idea whats wrong,not much help but you need the vet.

If you haven't a ph book post again giving your area & I will

post ph number of nearest to you.

I don't think I will lose the others...They are really stable:) They are 4 weeks old now, and it is relaly just the little girl who I am worried about. She is very clingy to me, and 1 of her brothers. The first one passed on ? I don't know why, but, when I first found out she had had pups, it was already gone(only in a 6 hour space between last seeing her and seeing her with pups) and the 2nd one, the following morning...suspected to be rejected by mum.......(was out of the basket!) and the third one, I had booked in to the vet for the next day, because it was husky in its grunts, and that night, it passed on, after me getting up and suplement feeding it, and getting advice from vet!...we are now down to what I believe to be the stable 2 and 1 ?......vet is coming out tomorrow night.....I just want to be mentally prepared for the worst I guess, as much as it sounds horrible.....but, if the vet says that her quality of life wont be hindered, just that she is going to be a bit wobbly, I will look after her:)

Thanks for your advice:)

Charene

I just thought I'd let those of you who replied to the thread that the puppy has definitely got a brain disorderm however the vet has stated that she doesn't feel it is serious enough at this stage to put her down. She feels that until 8 weeks, that the puppy should have a chance to develop more, and because she has some brain trauma, it may just mean that she will be slower at developing...not necessarily a permanent thing what she has now.

They are terrier x's:)

Thanks

Charene

I had a puppy like this from the litter I bred, would just sit in the whelping box and sway from side to side. This puppy was number 3 out (no. 1 and 2 were lost at birth) and may have been held up too long. This puppy had to be hand reared (as did his other surviving litter brother no. 4) but at 3 weeks he was half the size of the other pup and just not feeding. We lost this little guy after he ingested some fluid into his lungs (he was 3 weeks old) but I can't say he was ever really well. I suspect this puppy had some brain injury but thought he deserved a chance, I was devestated when he died in my arms that night :D . To the OP, I hope your puppy will be OK I really do.

Regards,

Corine