More On Food

bret

when feeding fruit , remove all seeds and pips , apple seeds are poisenous

interesting - always left the seeds in (whether feeding dogs or horses) and so far had no side effects.

anyone got any links on this?

I dont want to sound stupid here because i do not have a dog yet, but i have been doing lots of research and have been attending a few dogs shows and have spoken to breeders and a couple told me they simply feed their dogs Dry Science diet food and give them a slice of beef equivalent once a day and the odd treat. Is this enough nutrition for a dog?

Theres so much choices out there and make it hard for a novice to know whats actually right cause all the difffering opinions and choices.

No question is stupid, and it's great that you are doing research before you get your puppy. :confused:

Most, if not all dry food is designed to be fed as the whole and total diet. Pet food companies do a lot of research in regards to feeding, and it's in their interest for dogs to receive the best nutrition. Good nutrition means longer life, and a dog who looks good, and that means they will sell more food. A lot of people do however add extra's to the dry food and although it's not necessary, up to 25% will not usually affect the nutritional balance of the dry food.

Thre are a lot of choices out there and it's usually best to be guided by your pup's breeder initially. A lot of people here feed dry food, some raw food and some cooked food, whatever suits their dog.

Oh don't expect not to be confused by all the various opinions you will get on canine nutrition. :confused: