K9force Workshop

I have spoken to K9force today and enquired about a possible 2 day workshop in Adelaide. How many people would be interested in attending? I would love to get his off the ground but we need the numbers to do so.

ETA: We will also need some suggestions for venues, does anyone have any preferences? An oval or somewhere that allows dogs, preferably with shelter in case it rains.

Edited by veanna

lol Don't worry Hazz, I'm not organised either, I just have alot of time on my hands so thought I would try :rolleyes:

No problems JG, I would need it on a weekend as well. Once we get a few numbers up we can start discussing dates with Steve ;)

Edited by veanna

Yes count me in! I would definitely be interested. Venue is not really a problem for me as I would be willing to travel.

Not sure what would be better regarding the "info night" VS the "take-your-dog-along" type setup, what do others think? Pros/Cons of both?

But definitely count me in!!! :rolleyes:

Great to hear! I know I'm really looking forward to taking my girl along :rolleyes:

Here's just some topics that Steve can cover at the workshop: behaviour issues, training issues, home behaviour problems, aggression, both putting it in & taking it out, phobias, training in drive to correct obedience & or behaviour problems, traidning in drive to be the leading competitor & much more...

Edited by veanna

I'd be interested in finding out more. ;)

Will it be a matter of majority deciding which topics Steve can cover, or does he have a set format for two day workshops?

The competition stuff is not really my thing (I'm purely a showy) but all of the behavioural stuff is right up my alley.

Not that fussed about venue, happy to travel.

Keep us posted, and thanks for getting this off the ground Veanna! :rolleyes:

About the topics I'm not really sure, I'll let Steve answer that one if he pops in hehe

And your very welcome Rottshowgirl :rolleyes: Lets just hope we can get the numbers up to actually make it happen ;)

For it to be really affordable for everyone, probably a minimum of 20 people. If we can get 20 people to attend it will be $175 per person for the two days. The more people we have, the cheaper it will be.

Also, I'm just doing some homework on suitable venues, does anyone have a preferred suburb or place that they would like it to be?

Edited by veanna

As for venues - maybe you could contact obedience clubs? We could use there halls etc, plus they could also provide more participants. ;) Plus, I think it'd be hard to find another inside place that'd allow dogs inside. (If we do indeed want it inside, considering weather is unpredictable.)

Just an idea.

Contacting obedience clubs is a good idea. I have a huge list of ovals and reserves but like you say, you never know what the weather is going to do. The only thing is I don't know of what clubs have halls and the like. All the clubs I know of don't allow dogs into the club rooms. Is there anyone here that is a member of an obedience club that thinks they may be interested in attending and/or holding the workshop on their grounds?

ETA: Would all those that are interested be alright if we kept numbers to a minimum? Possibly 20 or 30? This will give more chance of having questions answered. I am currently emailing councils about some reserves I have in mind just to see if we would be breaking any rules holding a workshop there. Will update with some possible venues when I hear back.

Edited by veanna

• 2 weeks later...