Dogs Indoors / Smells / Odours / Accidents

BT-Argo

I have the pup inside most of the time and unless she is wet or has been playing and therefore has dog slag on her, she does not relly smell. I bath her weekly as she is so little.

I air the house and i think the cat litter, although cleaned daily smells more.

polished floorboards are a godsend. No carpet anywhere in my place. The shiny boards do show the hairballs in the corners though and they do show the muddy footprints, but I use a "Sweepa" rubber broom and then mop it through a couple of times a week and the whole house smells fresh. A good spray with Glen 20 fresh linen scented spray and all is good.

Just to put it in perspective, I have 10 dogs that all sleep inside. 6 tinies who also live inside all day and 4 big ones (including an elderly Dane) who are outside during the day and inside when I'm home. Thats alot of dog traffic on the floors and furniture. My biggest problem is that one of my little guys is disabled and has alot of toilet accidents. To the other little dogs, hes just a normal dog and they don't see why they can't pee on the floor too. Even with all of that, its not hard to keep the doggy smell at bay. I have a towel on the floor in the bathroom and laundry that the little ones are trained to toilet on (escept for the little disable one.) Chuck that in the wash every day or it will pong.

I like the sound of the polished concrete though, sometimes there are gaps in floorboards that are hard to clean. Isn't it cold underfoot though?

Jo

Guest Pandii

I have 2 rottis that are inside most of the time and all night

they leave muddy foot prints but have since taught them to sit and have feet washed and wipped before leaving the laundry.

I keep the house clean and aired and light candles as they absorb odures

Also have glen 20 and I have the carpets cleaned every 6 months

I figure dogs and kids in the house the carpets have to be cleaned

My house smell less than my friend who smokes inside, and it smell better than most old peoples house I have been to

For me, if there is on-carpet accident (and as i'm living in an apartment, carpet covers 90% of the whole unit), i use Urine Off to get rid of the smell.

Another thing that would make your house smell good is to use the carpet power when you vacuum. It sure give a fresh feeling. And for those smell-good-freak like me, i put the ambi pur in my bedroom.