Puppy Picking On Older Dogs (long)

storm

I have a CC that is a bugger she is only 5 months old and driving me nuts. She is a bossy young thing and doesnt learn.

She is 2.4kilos and is forever dragging my yorkies around by the stump or tail. They growl and in the end a fight happens but she always wins as she a whoppa where they are concerned the biggest Yorkie is only 1.5kilos and smallest is 1.1 kilo he is the one she picks on the most. He is terrified of her now and has sores on his tail

I have been separating them for quite a while now and she is very opinionated and barks and digs her way out just to get to the others and play. It always starts as a play time but she has to push her limits and doesnt seem happy unless she is hurting the others.

She also picks on the bigger dogs, they growl and will push her away but she will still annoy the hell out of them, she is very lucky they are gentle toward all little people, but she keeps pushing her limits. My boy that is 55kilos held her down yesterday by putting his paw on her coat, she screamed like a banshie but as soon as he let her go she went for his beard.

I have them crated at night and they are allowed supervised play and all is fine for a short time then she starts being a bitch.

Its like the yorkies can be play together and she will come from nowwhere and take one down and hold then down and she shake who ever she has caugh which is usually the little boy

I have seperated her and crated her when she first started this behaviour in the laundry so she is away from all distractions, I have used a spray bottle to squirt her (she loves that game), growled at her, brough the others inside and left her out, thrown things over her head if she is to far away to get her attention, while growling or swearing depending.

At time I admit I am not sure if its all a game to her or she is wanting to be top dog. She also chases the cats and doesnt matter how many times they smack her she hasnt learnt.

I admit she is the first dog I have had that is always pushing the limit, I have never even had a rescue dog with such attitude as she has. I think I could also be part of the problem as with her being hairless I am more concerned about her being hurt and the size of my yorkies I do intervene quicker. When she is outside she sits on top of the out door table and will jump at the others when they walk pass, when inside on the couch with me she will try to sit on the top of the couch so she is at my head height. Its like she really wants to be top dog

So questions are

what can I put on my little people to make them taste bad?

What can I do to teach her not to be such a bitch?

Are some dogs just real bitches?

Yes, some dogs are real bitches. It's why I brought my foster dog home because another female just kept biting and harassing her at the ohter carer's home.

I don't think there's anything you can safely put on your dogs because they may lick it too. I'd say speak to the breeder, sounds like she might need to be an only dog or at least in a different mix of dogs, your Yorkie terriers shouldn't have to live in fear. Nipping is typical puppy behaviour but there shouldn't be injuries.

Does your pup just want to play? She might be plain cheeky. However, I remembered somewhere that a pup will first try to push the boundaries of the older dogs, especially those who are smaller. How if you find a dominant dog like an alpha male who will tolerant her silly antics (as she is still in babyhood) but will not let her walk all over him? That might put her in place.

Good luck!

hey storm, i think we have something in common i too have a 15 week old female chinese crested who is doin exact same to my mini poodle, fortunately my poodle is bein very tolerant. we do intervene often crating cc to give poodle a break. we are presently attending pup pre school when there she is a scardy she refuses to interact, i spoke to teacher bout behaviour she seems to think its just rough puppy play, but its so agressive! any how i just hope she will grow out of this it does ruin our daily toy play