Tessie Lost Her Battle

lucyluv

this is in memory of my old girl, she was the best you could ask for. i will treasure our 13 years we had together, her last few years were on pain relief due to severe arthritis in all her joints. she still managed to wag her tail in the end ..her legs could no longer carry her ..we sat with her nursed her.. knowing she was in too much pain to go on..it was one of the hardest decision i have ever had to make.. at the vets...an elderly lady heard her cry in my arms trying as hard as i could to hold myself together..she patted her and said its ok the vet will make it better..all i could do was smile..the vet encouraged me it was for the best now...feeling like i let her down...i miss her so much !!

Edited by lucyluv

:) ;) Lucyluv, parting from a very dear friend is never easy, and it is hard to make that unselfish move, it hurts like hell, I know for I have been there many times over the years, but what remains is wonderful warm memories of times shared with these precious fur babies, and she is now an angel on your shoulder she will always be with you in that special place in your heart.

Dear Tessie all the pain is gone and you have your wings, will you say hi to all my Frenchie babies up there they will take care of you and show you around the :D

:D :) ;) this one is so close to home i have tears in my eyes....my beloved collie ceaser was put to sleep for the same reasons 15 years ago when he was 17 and i was 13 and i remember like it was yesterday.

You have showed the greatest gift of love i know it doesnt make the pain less but she will be waiting for you on the other side.

hugs to you and your family

nicky

Please know that you did the right thing.

I had to put my 16 yo Lilac Burmese, Mister Buster, down yesterday. This illness came out of the blue. I never dreamed that yesterday was going to be his last day with me.

its ok the vet will make it better..

and the vet did.................thanks to your unselfishness. :)

There is no way on this earth that you have let her down....quite the opposite. ;)

RIP old girl (now young). No more pain. :D