Crate Or A Pen,

Simba's_Mum

Where on the central coast are you?

There is Dollar Save near lakehaven. PetBarn at Gosford. Ebay, stacks of doggie sites, pet shops and even some junk/discount stores have them. House 2 Home at Woy Woy has canvas ones at the moment.

There is Dollar Save near lakehaven. PetBarn at Gosford. Ebay, stacks of doggie sites, pet shops and even some junk/discount stores have them. House 2 Home at Woy Woy has canvas ones at the moment.

What is the Dollar Save near Lakehaven.?

Is that what I look up in the phone book, I'm at Lakehaven only recently moved here and I don't know the area all that well

Dollar Save Pet & Produce Pty Ltd

6 Botham Cl Charmhaven 2263

(02) 4392 6743

It is just near the lakehave shopping centre, the crates that they have are cheap. Carter my BC has bent all the wire in the one that I got from there. It still does the job, but for a smaller dog I am sure that it would be ok.

What is the Dollar Save near Lakehaven.?

Is that what I look up in the phone book, I'm at Lakehaven only recently moved here and I don't know the area all that well

Guest KOJAK

Hi Simba's_Mum

If you have a large puppy that is going to grow into a large dog.

To save money I would recommend purchasing the largest dog crate

180 LONG 78WIDE AND 8O IN HIGHT petbarn sell for about $160 $200

Also if you go to dog shows there are a number of operators who sell all types of show equipment including dogcrates and varable sized dog pens Then pen that I have is also colaspable

It is a very neccessary part of training and keeping your pup and dog from getting into trouble if you have to leave him or her unattended. That way you can come home and your house is still in one piece and most important your puppy is not being put at risk of being told off.

I have added a couple of Photos currently of my Puppy Chloe and her Brother Jag

Also some photos of an older gsd and some of his friends visiting and in the lounge room behaving themselves

Jag is in the crate and Chloe is in the pen They are ten weeks old and do not have a problem. After playing outside and it is sleep time they can come inside and go into there cave[ crate or pen] and have a rest.

Simba to teach your puppy crate or pen training very simple.

Place there bedding inside have his hers favourite toy make sure water is available. You can purchase water bowls and an attachtment that clips onto the side of crate, To make this easier on you .First play with your puppy or let him do his thing until he is tired. All puppies sleep a lot. This is the time to put your pup in the crate and you soon see he will eventualy walk in an out with no effort at all.

MOST IMPORTANT AS SOON AS PUPPY WAKES UP NO TIME WASTING TAKE PUPPY OUTSIDE TO TOILET PRAIZE GOOD DOG

Love my german shepherds

kojak :rofl::):rofl:

post-6818-1154747369_thumb.jpgpost-6818-1154747398_thumb.jpg[a

tachment=46704:attachment]post-6818-1154747313_thumb.jpg

post-6818-1154747565_thumb.jpg

Thank you all for your help

I really appreciate it and I am for ever grateful for any help, I can get here.

I've never own my very own pet before .. Simba is a pomeranian and he's just been bringing me so much joy to my life, he sleeps in his little basket in the house but when I have to go to the stores for an hour or so I have been putting his basket in the garage.

I was worried when I made this thread ~ what if something fell on him if he got curious in the garage ~ I would never forgive myself [thats him in my ava]

I think hes a very good boy [ with only a few little mishaps with the odd wee wee] but I would like to have him in a crate during that time I have to scoot out for what ever reason ... but 90% of the time I am home with him.

Kojak I would like to say to you I read your training thread and I am using your helpful tips.

on the 17th he goes to puppy preschool and I'm looking so forward to that.

I have never been to a dog show in my life but I sure would love to .

Thank you for showing me your picture so I know what to look for when buying one :rofl:)

Guest KOJAK

Thank you all for your help

I really appreciate it and I am for ever grateful for any help, I can get here.

I've never own my very own pet before .. Simba is a pomeranian and he's just been bringing me so much joy to my life, he sleeps in his little basket in the house but when I have to go to the stores for an hour or so I have been putting his basket in the garage.

I was worried when I made this thread ~ what if something fell on him if he got curious in the garage ~ I would never forgive myself [thats him in my ava]

I think hes a very good boy [ with only a few little mishaps with the odd wee wee] but I would like to have him in a crate during that time I have to scoot out for what ever reason ... but 90% of the time I am home with him.

Kojak I would like to say to you I read your training thread and I am using your helpful tips.

on the 17th he goes to puppy preschool and I'm looking so forward to that.

I have never been to a dog show in my life but I sure would love to .

Thank you for showing me your picture so I know what to look for when buying one )

Hi Simba's Mum

I think the nicest thing somebody can say is this is my very first

puppy [and my own] it is such a great feeling. I remember many years ago telling the world that I was being presented with my very own dog it was great a feeling.

There are many here online who show there dogs. I am sure if you where to place a thread in the showring section asking when then next all breeds show is being held on the central coast or Gosford Newcastle area I am sure you will be inendated with replies.Go along talk to people meet some good people and there dogs as well and have a bit a fun

Goodluck with your Simba at puppy preschool It can be a little daunting the first time but in the end persistant practice will guide you in the right direction Iam sure

I must add your Simba in your avator is a good looking pomeranian

I wish you well with him and you as you have said 90% of the time you are at home so crate or pen training for you should be easy

love my german shepherds

kojak :rofl::):rofl:

It will be less then $90 at dollar save for the crate. The people that work there are really nice and helpful and will carry the stuff to your car!!!! I used to like that part. Also a book called the kiss guide to raising a puppy has a really good section on crate training.

Hello Simbas_mum,

I bought my 8-panel play pen from Ebay too. They measure roughly 60wx90h cm per panel, solid steel, delivered to door at $90. Of course it can't compare to KOJAK's. My pen will only confined but if the pup push it with it's body weight, it might topple or shift. Thus if using this type of pen you might want to take the weight into consideration, or train the pup not to jump.

Thanx Everyone I got one today for $75.00

A special thanx to Sezy for telling me where the dollar saver place was *Smiling*

I think he loves it but my daughters have been saying I'm like a pision warden towards him now.

I think for the amount of money I paid for the crate in the long run it will save me replacing the laundry door when I was putting him in there.

It's really a small price to pay. and Sezy the staff where lovely at that store towards me

Thanx again everyone