Does Anyone Field Trial ?

I have my very first Gundog ( Pointer ) and I'm interested in Field Trials. Is there anyone that can help me ? I'm in NSW but would love to chat with anyone who has an interest and would be very interested in learning from someone that is in NSW.

He's only a baby , but I guess that you need to start young.

Cheers :rolleyes:

Warley you must a few dogs there now.

How do you find time?

I do nothing but Dog :p And I LURV it :rolleyes:

I start the day with putting them all out into the sunshine, cleaning the kennels, feeding the babies and it's goes on from there. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I just love the sunny days we are getting at the moment. It makes the show training and playing outside, so much nicer.

I don't have more than I can cope with and the decision to take on the Gundog was not made in an instant. I had 6 weeks to think about it and back out if I wanted to. I am looking forward to doing some other things with him, not just showing.

Time for the babies lunch :confused:

A Pointer will compete in different field trials to GSP's. They do the Pointer and Setter trials, where the GSPs, Vizslas, Weims etc do the Utility Field trials. As for the being more civilised.... there's still the remote locations in all types of weather :thumbsup: I have a GSP pup 'on order' I am going to venture into the field trial scene with, I can't wait!!

Sending details now.

Thanks to those who responded in a positive manner ;)

We are off on our first training day in October ( much warmer than what it is now :cry: ). We have been given a few little exercises to do and will head off to the farm and get him out in the swamp so he can begin to flush some birds :thumbsup:

There is one person that competes, who lives pretty close to me and most of the training grounds are within 2 hours drive, so it's all looking good for me and Phil-Me Pointer.

:rofl: I'm very excited

I don't get to actually shoot anything, the NSW trials are P.C , these days.

Carry a gun around a fire blanks. Heaven help the world, if I had a gun in my hands these days. I haven't even shot a rabbit for 14 years, I can't imagine I'd be able to get near a flying bird, let alone bring it down.

All birds are safe when Phil and I are around :laugh:

There are those who say, the latest field trials, are not comparable to the old. But due to regulations nowdays in some states, better than "nothing".

In the olden days when hills seemed to move, due to the abundance of game - ie rabbits, it must have been a great - am I game to say - fun?????

Quail make a nice distraction from time to time when I train on larger properties.