Urgently Need Advice Re Aggressive Puppy

Franjipani

• 5 months later...

Franjipani, I came across this thread again while looking for other stuff and something struck me... Why did your dog have a Rabies shot to go from one Rabies-free country to another Rabies-free country?? (Or did I misunderstand something? And why was quarantine 6 months?...Surely 1 month does the job between AU and UK??)

You are right that it is possible for the problem to have been triggered by medications or vaccines (even indirectly, eg. hypothyroidism can cause aggression, and Rabies vaccines are known to promote hypothyroidism). More info/links here: http://myweb.cableone.net/bdturner/AGGRESSION_flyer1.pdf . Or it may be something simpler...

How have you been going with him lately??

UP

Edited by UltimatePup

UP what a fantastic link

When Oliver had hat spot on it totally changed him and turned him from a pussy to a tiger and for a non aggressive dog to an aggressive dog. He is totally back to normal these days and I still reckon that it was the spot on that changed him

So Frag how is the little Lion dog doing.

I find if you have a food aggressive dog, it can be handy to put a lead on before you feed them. That way you are in control and if you need to remove the food (say, after leaving it for 10 minutes) you can do so safely, without risk of being bitten.

Hope the naughty pooch is doing better now! :laugh:

Alot of people think because their dog is 'obedient' it can't possibly think its' the Alpha....2 completely different things.....however continued training (not just stopping when you have the basics covers) helps cement the relationship with the dog.

Jacq is spot on with her advice.

I would also reccomend going to the book store an investing in a book by Jan Fennell called Dog Listener, her whole book is about leadership and I think you'll benefit greatly from it.

Edited by sas

UP quarantine to the UK is different.If you go by pet passport the dog can enter straight into the UK providing it has completed all the testing 9 months prior,Rabies is given because the pet passport gains entrance to europe.

If the dog doesnt leave by Pet passport then its still 6 months quarantine in the UK,Rabies is in the UK & europe

UP quarantine to the UK is different.If you go by pet passport the dog can enter straight into the UK providing it has completed all the testing 9 months prior,Rabies is given because the pet passport gains entrance to europe.

If the dog doesnt leave by Pet passport then its still 6 months quarantine in the UK,Rabies is in the UK & europe

Thanks Showdog. I didn't know about the pet passport system.

However, whilst there is Rabies in continental Europe, there's none in the UK - not for 100+ years. I guess that the passport is good because it allows full European passage, but it's a shame if the dog won't be there and will only be in the UK, because it gets a risky jab that it doesn't need. I wonder if there's a 'UK only' passport option...

UP