Goodbye Ernie

Netti

My old goat Ernie died in my arms today. He had been very "chesty" for the past few days and today he just ran out of breath.

He was such a funny goat with loads of character. I spoilt him but I think this may have lengthened his life. Every day I would chop him up heaps of fruit and vegetables, during summer he loved to eat comfery. Warm rolled oats with honey was his favorite. As he got older with stiff legs he couldn't get around the paddock to graze so I would take his food to him.

The past four winters I would coat him as he didn't have much flesh on his old bones to keep him warm. His hut was always full of clean warm hay and he had access to clean water.

In his early years he was owned by a man who only tethered him and believed that goats didn't need to drink water :rofl: . For the last 20 years he lived with my partners family who treated him well and then in the last 6 years he has been my baby. I loved him so much and he will be sorely missed.

See ya Ern

Love Netti

:D :rolleyes: Goodbye dear old Ernie, thank God that you found people who loved you for most of your life and you were able to be a free spirit as goats are meant to be.

Up up and away to the :rofl: and frolick there in the meadows with all good friends.

You had good company when you passed away being held by someone who loved you so much. :swear:

;) RIP Erny.

Sounds like Erny had a pretty good life thanks to you. Good mates are hard to find and hard to keep, just think you have had a really good mate for the last 30 years, mates don't usually last that long. We have a 22 year old sheep we raised as a potty lamb and shes still kickin about following mum around and keeping the "killers" in line, the backyard wouldn't look the same without her. Whenever you think of Erny remember that hes in Gods hands now and probably eating the clothes off HIS line!!