Training The Sooky, Soft, Low-drive Dog

JulesP

Thanks BellasPerson and Erny.

We had the hoop inside the house for ages. No matter where it was, she'd avoid it. It sort of became a bit of a joke.

Any way, since we don't seem to have a decent club nearby and since i'm not dead set keen on pushing the competitive bit - and since DH has since donated the hoop to St Vinnies ;) and thay loved it :laugh: .............. dog is learning other things. :D

At least the principles are the same should she develop future fears that we really do need to work on. :laugh:

Erny - you are soooooooooo right - as you probably know :laugh:

One reason we did not continue the formal stuff involved a "trainer" who thought pushing her into the tunnel was a good idea - not. Apparently it had more to do with the Dobe temperament than the methods used. :D Even tho I am a complete amateur, it was not hard to sense that that was a bit off beam. That has been the only time that Dobe has even looked like biting.

BP - the clam shell thing - yep - same here! We started with a puddle in the bottom - and the cat was more interested in it!

Now she will jump in and even lie down with a bit of encouragement!

Dobes are tough dogs - pity she doesn't know that. :)

:laugh:

Well pup is still pretty laid back. I shouldn't complain as he is so well behaved at home etc. It is just rather a surprise to everyone, just how quiet he is. One of the other pups was bouncing on him at school on the weekend and he stayed in his sit, focusing on me. Was very cute.