Can You Teach A Dog To Swim Properly?

Most dogs dop splash around alot at first, trying to keep themselves above the water instead of moving forwards. I am yet to see any dog at the pools swim properly first time, but they definately do get it eventually. In my experience pups tend to learn faster, in one or two lessons while adult dogs take maybe 3-5 to get it right. I'm far from expert in this area, but you might PM Kimjim, as she works at a dog swimming pool.

I am wanting to start training him in retrieving trials is there any beginner tips you can give me to start on him at home?

I am making him wait after i have thrown the toy then releasing him too get it, is that good too do or pointless to start teaching at the moment?

I like beginning dogs a little unsteady, as steading comes easily later.

After last weekend when Yo and Yank ran in their first novice and Yank especially refused to leave the starting pegs (cheeky bugger - expecting more), after delivering, you may be better off with someone else LOL.

Give me a ring and come training one day.

You own and drive nowadays, so I will not be phobic about leaving you, while you wait for a lift.

Yes for water concept training. Plus the snakes do not seem to be a problem. Actually as I sit here, I am pondering whether or not to drive there later today, just for a couple of more swims. LOL.

I have a few great private properties as well.