Help..bc Puppy Sick...stiff/sore Joints Unable To Move

Hey all

My dads Border Collie is quite unwell, his joints are stiff and sore and he isn't wanting to move or walk and when he does he will fall over, gums are fine, heart rate was ok, but temp was high...Hasn't gone off his food too much, just wont move and wont get up....

He has had a shot of cartophen (joints) and Noroclav (antiobioticss)..he has has a blood test waiting on the result...

Not much can be done in the mean time, anyone experianced anything like this before?

it could be a viral infection that has attacked the joints. It is kinda like having arthritis but it goes away after a little while.

Its a good idea to keep the joints warm and trying to massage them. This might relieve some of the soreness.

Poor little bub hopefully you'll get some answers soon

I cant see the Noraclav working ... its not a friggn Staphlacoccus or Eserichia infection. Also Cartrophen affects the immune system because its made for animals that have osteoarthritis - inhibiting the enzymes that destroy the cartilage.

Go over the dog, check for bites, ticks etc. Also make sure that the pup is kept well hydrated for the moment, keep on the Vets back you need answers now. If the Cartrophen hasnt made any difference the pup could have infected joints (Viral, bacterial etC) Is there any swelling showing up anywhere, check over the whole dog for lumps and bumps.

There is a condition in growing dogs called Pastionitis (not sure of spelling), basically "growing pains". My friends GSD had it but at a later age, it was painful for the dog to move and it would cry out in pain. It might be worth asking the vet about this too.

Hope pup is soon on the mend ;) .

Regards,

Corine

I have just been told that on Saturday the pup was in the bush camping with the family, and a bull ant attached itself to his lip, dad tried to pull it off and got most of it...

The type of ant can't be 100% certain but it appeared to be a bull ant...

Is there any poison in ants?