Clipping Maltese/shi Tzu

Brookie

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brookie, glad to hear that your little girl is almost back to her old self :laugh:

I shudder to think how she may have been treated, she should not have been so depressed simply because of a clip and there was no need for them to shave her if she only had one or two knots in her coat and the fact that another poor dog died in the hands of that same vet is quite a concern, I wonder if he may have been over generous with the sedatives? I find it strange that a dog will die from shock and clipper burn? I would be suing that vet if I was the owner of that poor dog!

It would be worth your while to invest in a good pair of clippers and learn to clip her yourself, there really isn't too much to it and if you exercise some common sense then you shouldn't be running into any problems.

Edited by Zorro_007

Oh my god - she looks like Minnie!! Shorter face, but at a quick glance, I almost mistook her for my girl :laugh:

DCP_1086.jpg

And just for the record, Minnie was not matted whatsoever. She was in the traditional lion clip that had only grown out by 4 weeks (very short) so her entire body was cut to the same length.

There are reasons for a short clip that do NOT include neglect.

I shudder to think how she may have been treated, she should not have been so depressed simply because of a clip and there was no need for them to shave her if she only had one or two knots in her coat and the fact that another poor dog died in the hands of that same vet is quite a concern, I wonder if he may have been over generous with the sedatives? I find it strange that a dog will die from shock and clipper burn? I would be suing that vet if I was the owner of that poor dog!

Boy a lot of people jump to conclusions on this forum.

The dog mentioned previously apparently died a couple of days after it had been clipped, not "in the hands of the Vet".

Anything could have happend to the dog, assuming it was becasue of its recent clip is nonsense.

Who said anything about the dog being sedated.

In all the years of working in Vet surgerys I have never witnessed routine sedating of animals to be groomed, EVER.