Puppy Pee

LilyW

Hi Guys...

I have too many questions at the moment!!!

My puppy is peeing everywhere when a new person comes over. I assume this is an excitment/nervous thing. What is the best way around it and will she eventually grow out of it?? Is it best for people to only pay attention to her when she calms down and is outside. We don't give her attention when we get home until she sits and is calm, though she doesn't pee with us - is it best to make sure our guests do the same?

Yes, make sure that she's calm and not jumping around all over the place like a loony before others give her attention. If your visitors pat her or talk to her while she's misbehaving like that she'll just learn it's the right thing to do to get attention.

Yes, make sure that she's calm and not jumping around all over the place like a loony before others give her attention. If your visitors pat her or talk to her while she's misbehaving like that she'll just learn it's the right thing to do to get attention.

Thanks shekhina, your right. I think my boyfriend and I are really good with Lily but sometimes its the other influences you have to be careful of cause our friends and family are putty in her paws.. or so to speak. We are having a housewarming next week, so i guess it will be a good test but i hope people follow our rules, otherwise there will be a few bad habits picked up.

Hopefully the peeing thing passes soon, will have to work on my guests...

Edited by LilyW

yep, i agree, put puppy away, lock her in a crate with a bone, and dont let anyone go to her.

Also, when people drink they can be idiots, i had someone pour vodka into my birds waterdish as a SMALL party i had, i knew and was good friends wtih everyone who was there.

If i have anything here now, all the animals get locked away in my room, dogs in crates, cats with a litter tray and water and the door locked so i know no one can get to them.

Thanks all... will do that. Though at Puppy School we were told it is not a bad thing having her there as she needs to get used to groups of people, but i agree, will just keep my eye on her and keep her somewhere safe.

Groups of people - yes. But you need it in a controlled manner where everyone understands how to behave around the pup. A housewarming or any type of gathering is potential to create a negative situation that can cause emotional problems or sometimes injuries.