The Year Keeps Getting Worse

On the weekend i was playing and grooming my dogs. Guiness mcGuinness always loves a good belly rub. So as i was rubbing I noticed that Guiness had a warty growth on his gum line....

to the vet today. Before removal my vet was quite optimistic and positive, after removal he is concerned as there has been a lot of change to the bone etc. Hopefully lab results will be in Saturday am.

THis is right out of left field. Guiness is one of the pups. I actually revived him...LOL so I am especially fond of the big boofer. ok he is now a little over 6yo and weighing in at 55.2kg, but still a pup in my eyes.

Please keep him in your good thoughts for a good outcome.

H

edited for autrocious spelling

Edited by dogbesotted

Oh Helen, I just saw this...

Will be thinking of you and GM... Hoping that is is all just a scare and it will all be OK...

With everything you have been through with your crew, it would be totally unfair for GM to have oral cancer...

Speaking of the crew - how goes the fair Lucinda and her lovely brother Oscar???

Ollie dog is doing OK, all things considered... We have another couple of suspicious looking lumps (more than likely MCT)...

Big hugs lovey, thinking of you...

Jodie

Jodie,

Lucinda is fading but otherwise fine in herself. we have finally got the itchies under control so her days are not filled with scratching.Each day is a true blessing. Oscar is doing really well, both his vets are astonished as they fully expected him to have journeyed to The Bridge by now. But I think his devotion to his goats gives him incentive to stay strong, and of course he has Gina as his backup.

Please give dear Ollie a big hug and tummy rub from me..... I dont worry about additional lumps any more with Lucinda ( have not since I came to the decision that she would not be having further surgery).

Hugs right back

H

I think of you guys (DBS and Staffyluv) oftentimes, remembering all the help and support you selflessly gave when I needed. I wish I could be as helpful in return, but I'm sorry that the only thing I can offer here are my heartfelt wishes for some good news for you guys and for the best health you could possibly expect and have for your dogs. I remain inspired (as I always have been, since "meeting" you both) at the level of dedication, tireless but most fair determination you show your dogs ..... all evidence of the love you feel for them. :laugh:

DBS - thinking good news and health and sending the vibes to you and to GM. Good luck.

the vet called yesterday... it is not good news at all. no clean margins, and the worst for, of epulis like tumour and very aggressive. sigh. I am shattered.

So yet another that we take day by day. As long as he is eating and having a good maremma time then all is well.

:( I am so sorry DB, what heartbreaking news. Lucinda, Oscar and now Guiness (And of course Ollie dog too) will be in my thoughts.. sending lots of positive vibes your way :).

the vet called yesterday... it is not good news at all. no clean margins, and the worst for, of epulis like tumour and very aggressive. sigh. I am shattered. So yet another that we take day by day. As long as he is eating and having a good maremma time then all is well.

Hi DBS. I'm so sorry. I know you will do everything that is good and right for Guiness so I doubt he needs the strength of my thoughts (as he would get them from you). So I send to you, DBS, those thoughts for strength and courage and admire all of that which you have already shown.

Bless you, Lucinda, Guiness and Oscar. And bless Staffyluv and Olliedog too. May Santa bring you all truck loads of good cheer, good luck and good health. :rofl: