Puppy Mischief

LilyW

Tealcs pretty good. He hasn't done anything majorly destructive - yet lol.

He loves running through my garden feeling the plants slap him as he goes by so therefore some of the ornamental grasses are looking a bit flattened now! :laugh:

And he's demolished a plantpot buts thats OK

When I saw this thread I was going to post about how my pup is toilet trained during the day, but then at night time when we are all in bed she likes to pee and poo inside and not on the paper we laid out :laugh: but I have been doing some training with Daisy (our nine week old) today and yesterday and she now sits and drops on command, without treats! :laugh: I can't believe how easy she was to train, and to do it without treats... what a good girl! Maybe it's just because the last pup we had was my husky? He still won't do anything if he doesn't see a point (i.e. no treat) and he is four years old! :rofl:

i have my 2 adn my foster at the moment.

they ate a fluffy toy they had - fkuff everywhere in the backyard

chewed my blanket on my bed

ate a pair of my shoes - well barker actually only ate half a shoe but you van't wear one shoe...unless you have one foot! :laugh:

wee'd on our rug

ate hundreds of dollars worth of plants so we now have an electric fence (evil laugh)

dug holes in the turf

um, i think that is it. Yep that is all so far.

I can't get over how smart Lily is sometimes. She does things without us evening having to train her. She 'stays' all the time that you will walk off and she will be waiting for you to say alright so she is released.

When walking and at a street cnr, i just have a cough and she looks at me and sits.

She is still a pup though and does pick and choose when she would like to obey our commands. We got a clicker though it it is just fanstastic.

We got her shaking, so if we put our left hand she shakes with left paw and with right hand with right paw. All done with a clicker. Not sure what we want to teach next. She rolls over but would like to get her to play dead... get me a glass of red..hmmmm :laugh:

ate a pair of my shoes - well barker actually only ate half a shoe but you van't wear one shoe...unless you have one foot! :laugh:

wee'd on our rug

ate hundreds of dollars worth of plants so we now have an electric fence (evil laugh)

dug holes in the turf

Ha ha, i am watching the shoes... they are put up very high. But i am sure the garden will be gone soon. She chewed all our outside xmas lights but i kept telling my partner he should move them and when she did it, he was like - why did she do that.... ah cause she's a puppy!

When I saw this thread I was going to post about how my pup is toilet trained during the day, but then at night time when we are all in bed she likes to pee and poo inside and not on the paper we laid out :laugh: but I have been doing some training with Daisy (our nine week old) today and yesterday and she now sits and drops on command, without treats! :laugh: I can't believe how easy she was to train, and to do it without treats... what a good girl! Maybe it's just because the last pup we had was my husky? He still won't do anything if he doesn't see a point (i.e. no treat) and he is four years old! :rofl:

Hey, Huskey87, have I got a deal for you. I'll swap you two pups for one.

Hey, Huskey87, have I got a deal for you. I'll swap you two pups for one.

Okay, but you gotta take my husky and my Tibbie too ;)

wee'd on our rug

dug holes in the turf

Ha ha, i am watching the shoes... they are put up very high. But i am sure the garden will be gone soon. She chewed all our outside xmas lights but i kept telling my partner he should move them and when she did it, he was like - why did she do that.... ah cause she's a puppy!

Of course, it's not like you buy them loads and loads of expensive chew toys for them to play with :rofl: My pup is so spoilt with toys and she'd rather have a piece of wood from our old curtain railing :laugh: ;)

I was so annoyed our pup pooed in my room (the only place in the house with carpet, and under my bed too so I had to crawl under it to clean it up) and my sister thought it was hillarious. Of course, that very afternoon Daisy the naughty opportunistic puppy got into my sister's room and peed on her clothes. I was like :rofl: mwahahahhahaha!

My 8 month old Zac is a terror on legs when I'm not around. His latest trick was eating my rice crackers and salmon which I had put up on the stereo unit.....he did leave me one out of three! Has destroyed all my pot plants and broke a hand painted emu egg which was painted for me over 20 years ago. The list goes on and on and on....... :laugh:

I caught Lily the other day at the tree, it was funny cause she gently picked up a ball and removed it from the tree, then looked at me with a look of... what?? I spend alot of my nights at home saying... Lily NO... !

When I saw this thread I was going to post about how my pup is toilet trained during the day, but then at night time when we are all in bed she likes to pee and poo inside and not on the paper we laid out :) but I have been doing some training with Daisy (our nine week old) today and yesterday and she now sits and drops on command, without treats! :D I can't believe how easy she was to train, and to do it without treats... what a good girl! Maybe it's just because the last pup we had was my husky? He still won't do anything if he doesn't see a point (i.e. no treat) and he is four years old! :rofl:

I had to laugh at this one Husky87 - I am shocked at how easy my Aussie Shepherd is to train after having 2 huskies... the huskies behaved themselves but sometimes it was such a trial trying to get something into their heads. They were never off lead after about 3 months.... whereas our 6 mo Aussie is allowed offlead (while we are around of course) and she just hangs around! It IS a shock! :rofl:

Our puppy has a thing for the kids shoes.... which are always left lying around :D I am trying to train my HB not to lock her in a room with shoes on the floor.... She's destroyed about 3 pairs - the first ones on my watch and the second two after I warned HB about her shoe fettish, on his watch!

When I saw this thread I was going to post about how my pup is toilet trained during the day, but then at night time when we are all in bed she likes to pee and poo inside and not on the paper we laid out :) but I have been doing some training with Daisy (our nine week old) today and yesterday and she now sits and drops on command, without treats! :D I can't believe how easy she was to train, and to do it without treats... what a good girl! Maybe it's just because the last pup we had was my husky? He still won't do anything if he doesn't see a point (i.e. no treat) and he is four years old! :rofl:

I had to laugh at this one Husky87 - I am shocked at how easy my Aussie Shepherd is to train after having 2 huskies... the huskies behaved themselves but sometimes it was such a trial trying to get something into their heads. They were never off lead after about 3 months.... whereas our 6 mo Aussie is allowed offlead (while we are around of course) and she just hangs around! It IS a shock! :rofl:

The trouble with my husky is that he is always challenging you. He was VERY easy to teach commands to and things like learning that he was not allowed to come inside when the door was open - he had to be invited. He has been really naughty since we got our latest pup, yesterday I told him to sit (I didn't have any treats but wanted to put his lead on) and he ignored me! He KNOWS what "sit" means. He was just challenging me. However, I have no doubt that he knows I am his boss. He just likes to make it difficult - he wants to know what he can get away with. Luckily, I have lots of patience :cry:

I dont know were to start.... LOL. maybe just the things he has done tonight....

Dragged my pants out of the dirty washing out onto the back lawn growled at them then barked!!

Somehow managed to get my bag of the kitchen cupboard and took that to the bathroom and barked and growled at that....

Stole the tea towel off me when i was cooking dinner...

Got the empty dog food bag and stuck his head in it to lick out the crumbs in the bottom... quite funny seeing a puppy with a giant bag on his head and enjoying it....

ran off with a towel from the bathroom and took it to the backyard...

ran off with some socks and found them in the backyard....

Ripped up all the junk mail.... (or should i say shredded!!)

Found shoes hidden in his bed...

Tore the wrapping of presents...

And now he is having a sleep and is all puffed out... Might i add also quite proud of himself with all the extra work he has given me for the weekend....

But we still love him.......

good thread my pups stolen the sole out of one of my shoe (never found it either), dug up all the plants in the back yard, stolen a bag of sugar out of the pantry and took it out side and ate it, stole a roll of toliet paper and ripped it up in the lounge room, ripped up all the blankets in her kennel and brang all the weeds in from the back yard.

Shes also destoyed varios other things but there the main thing i can think of

I have been having lots of problems with the clothes line, not just when they are hanging but when I am putting them out, he steals them from the basket. My OH also accidently left a basketful of clean washing outside which I didn't remember until the morning, when I walked out someone had made themselves quite a comfy bed on them and looked at me like somehow it was my fault! He also peed al over the old lounge out the back which he has now claimed! He also helps himself quite often to the wood pile, which i then find all scattered around the yard. I also bought him toys, which he proceeded to bite the stuffing out of and hid them under the shed that I haven't seen since!

Edited by Jack@sandysmum