Advice/ Help Please:)

georgiahand

How exciting for you,

My vote would also be for the Lowchen. Mine is wonderful - very calm and low energy and incredibly loyal. He protects the two smaller dogs and with little training gets everything right.

However as important as the breed is the individual energy of the dog ie you can get a small dog with huge energy not typical of its breed.

When choosing from the litter look out for the ones madly dashing around and see if there is one with a calm temperament.

Good luck with whatever you choose - life is about to get better and more fun!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to agree with Jed; if a breeder feeds her dogs crappy food then you just have to wonder how much care has gone into her dogs, she sounds like a tightwad to me and doesn't seem to have her dogs' best interest at heart.

Glad you found what appears to be a decent breeder but ask her all kinds of questions and especially what she recommends you should feed a pup and what she feeds her dogs...that should give you a good indication as to whether she believes in doing what is best for her dogs.

A ginger poodle would be either a dark apricot or a red but I would presume you are talking about an apricot, great choice.

Is she carrying out the necessary health checks as poodles are prone to eye problems?

Here is a link that explains what ailments poodles are prone to; this isn't to say that all poodles are prone to these problems but it pays to be knowledgeable on these possibilities so that you can then ask the breeder if she has carried out tests to ensure that the puppies are not going to be victims of these genetic problems.

http://www.napoleon.org.uk/health/poodlehealth.htm

edited to add the link.

Edited by Zorro_007

Is there a reason that anyone hasn't yet suggested a Lhasa Apso? I'm in a similar situation to Georg - looking for an apartment pup, but with less space available. I like Lowchens (but the cutest one I've seen was a barker/yapper...hmm) and Lhasas (are they really as untrainable as rumours claim?).

UP