Is My Pup Ok?

Bokezu

I am a little concerned because sometimes when he is sleeping he breathes really loudly or irregular, and he snores really loud sometimes too! Is this normal for a 5 month old? I can't remember my 2 girls doing it. Also the other night it was really hot here and he was panting really loudly. He is a Vizsla, and is very active and seems very healthy though he has always been a fussy eater, not like the other 2. Any help would be appreciated.

Good lord you should sleep next to my Elka the gsd she makes snoring a musical pastime sounds like she is dying in the middle of the night :laugh:

My old vizsla Abby was a terrible eater so we used to feed her barbecue chicken to get her to eat ended up we fed her barbe chicken for the next 13 1/2 years, so dont spoil him he will eat when hungry :cool:

:laugh: Thanks rugerfly and isaviz I feel better knowing its normal. I have spent a fortune on food, and I know I'm spoiling him but he won't eat Eagle Pack or Eukanuba or chicken mince or beef mince. But he will eat chicken wings and necks if he's hungry. Today I nearly bought him a barbeque chicken, but instead got him some pork strips and beef sausages and cooked them and he had a feast he loves cooked sausages. I made some Barf patties also, the girls loved them, he wouldn't even taste them, he didn't like the smell of them! He has a very high opinion of himself, but hey he's gorgeous so who's complaining, gotta love the V's. Thanks :cool:

when i read the first sentance i couldve sworn you had a boxer or a lab or a mini schnauzer. All 3 of my boys used to snore and sniffle and snort all night. Thank god some grew out of it...our boxer...well i can keep praying hehe

I am a little concerned because sometimes when he is sleeping he breathes really loudly or irregular, and he snores really loud sometimes too! Is this normal for a 5 month old? I can't remember my 2 girls doing it. Also the other night it was really hot here and he was panting really loudly. He is a Vizsla, and is very active and seems very healthy though he has always been a fussy eater, not like the other 2. Any help would be appreciated.

I thought the same with sam, but after speaking to my vet majority of puppys are like that. :rofl:

when i read the first sentance i couldve sworn you had a boxer or a lab or a mini schnauzer. All 3 of my boys used to snore and sniffle and snort all night. Thank god some grew out of it...our boxer...well i can keep praying hehe

Yep, my little Lab, Louie - Snores like a trooper!

But as for for fussy eater - well he is a lab remember!