Another Eagle Pack Question

Hi

My boy has really bad skin with allergies and epilepsy.

What we have found since swapping on to EP fish is that his coat and skin has improved significantly. He always felt and smelt unclean but after about four weeks on the new food he started to shine, smell and feel great. He still has to have tablets for his allergies but he is significantly better on this food. It actually got to the point that he didn't like to be touched and now he is all about being rubbed :rofl:

The food also appears help a little with his epilepsy, not a lot but every little bit helps (probably because his overall well being is better is epilepsy eases a little). Just for information we are now down to 1 dizzy spell a month instead of 3 seizers whilst still on the same tablets, combination of food quality, food quantity, food exclusions and exercise.

We are very happy with the food and we can see he is as well.

Yeah I was thinking about the duck and oatmeal but read the ingredients and they use chicken in it which my lad can't have. :eek:

Hi Sheridan,

My boy has Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) and has an intolerance to chicken protein because of it. I feed the Duck & Oatmeal and he is fine on it. Even Hills Z/D Ultra which is sold only at vets for hypo allergenic dogs contains chicken. I think you will find that the chicken protein in dry food gets modifed by the cooking process so does not have the same nasties in it. I also feed him Nutrience Holistic Duck and he's fine on that one too.

I did get some samples of the fish one but opted to stick with something which has 1 novel protein source in it, not 3.

Cheers,

Corine

Edited for spelling errors.

Edited by fido666

Thanks for that info, Corine. :eek: Before feeding the duck and oatmeal I'd need to know that the chicken is hydrolised like it is in the Ultra Z/D. I wonder if Eagle Pack will answer that question? Might give it a try.

Edited by Sheridan

Thanks for that info, Corine. :eek: Before feeding the duck and oatmeal I'd need to know that the chicken is hydrolised like it is in the Ultra Z/D. I wonder if Eagle Pack will answer that question? Might give it a try.

Not sure on that, can't hurt to ask.

Cheers,

Corine

Mine are on it. One of mine had allergies & it was driving me ( & him crazy). Tried the hill's z/d formula too and other ones for sensitive skin, but it was the eaglepack fish one that has had the best result. I now give it for about 85% of their diet. I avoid chicken , pork, wheat, & corn with mine & it seems to work well. I would recommend it.

My lad hates the Euk FP which is why I want to change it. He'll eat it but he really does not like it. Despite him being Irish, I don't think he's that fond of spuds.

I've also noticed that his skin is getting flaky. Don't know if the skin prob is being caused by the diet or the shampoo. I've been using Malaseb but I think this is prolly too harsh for him outside of any dietary stuff.

Don't know if the skin prob is being caused by the diet or the shampoo. I've been using Malaseb but I think this is prolly too harsh for him outside of any dietary stuff.

I found Malaseb very drying on Bob. He actually itched more when I used it. I use Rudducks Soothe now with better results.

I changed Keesha over to the EP Fish about 6 weeks ago (was on the duck) & her coat is looking amazing now & no more sore ears :) Bailey Hasn't done as well on the fish so I am going to swich him back to the duck once he is feeling better :rofl:

Sheridan I use the Aloveen which has been great for my dogs, maybe that might be more gentle on your dogs skin ;) It's very good stuff for allergies :D