Herding - Add Your Dog Herding Videos Here

whatevah

Vickie, they are both looking great ;) I cant believe how big the paddocks are that you work in - or how green they are :laugh: . Great videos :hug: .

I have a couple of videos of Jarrah & Jonty but I'd be embarrassed to put them up after seeing those ones of yours Vickie ;) .

Edited to add - probably the best video we have is of Ebony last week - before she decided that she knew better than us like my 2 horrors :rofl:

Edited by MrsD

Vickie, they are both looking great :rofl: I cant believe how big the paddocks are that you work in - or how green they are :vomit: . Great videos :rolleyes: .

Thank you! Trim has been working in a paddock for quite a while. She has always had a very strong sense of balance, so it doesn't really matter where we are or how big the paddock is, her job has always been to bring me the sheep since pretty much day one.

I have a couple of videos of Jarrah & Jonty but I'd be embarrassed to put them up after seeing those ones of yours Vickie :mad .

Edited to add - probably the best video we have is of Ebony last week - before she decided that she knew better than us like my 2 horrors :vomit:

I'd love to see them. No need to be embarrassed. I know all about dogs thinking they know better, that has always been Trim's motto on sheep. Problem is :vomit: mostly she's right :mad The instinct she was born with will probably always surpass what I have learnt. I can see quite a difference in Shine already, she is a lot more willing to give to me, not sure how much of it is "her" and how much is my increased confidence and experience.

Edited by Vickie

Here is 1 that I forgot I had on youtube of Piper working last year.

This was her second pass in started A course. It is definitely not her best work but is the most recent that I have on video. In fact I am glad I found it as looking at it I can see how she is still improving and so much calmer.

The filming is not the best for the first minute or so but gets better. We had some hassles moving to the centreline panel with the sheep hanging on the fence and Piper hates going between sheep and fence, also the rest of the sheep are in a pen just down that fence line in the corner so it is a very strong draw for them. That section of the course is always my trouble spot at SACA due to the draw down the fence, needing to turn them off the fence and Piper hating getting them off the fence I dropped her where I did when I got to the pen to prevent the sheep bolting past to the corner where their mates were while the handler got the gate, as had happened with others.

The sheep were light that day too and if I recall we were the only 1s successful in the trial class that day.

Well I finally got one of Laydee working - at a trial with sheep that just wouldnt accept her again after she bumped them on the draw. Still we did get them settled a few times but then they were off again the moment she stepped towards them so we retired at the race. The wind came up just before our run and there were a lot of early retirements around that time. I learned a lot from it though and hopefully we will do better at Mayanup in April.

I think I posted the three I have of Tex already

Cheers

Piper your video was hilarious, I love the voice overs. Has anybody got a video of a herding instinct test?

Yes my friend was having video camera driving problems, lol. And the lady watching who commented as we got to the Y chute that I should be happy with it had been through with 2 of her dogs and bombed with both and thought the comments were in relation to the way Piper was working not the videoing, lol. Mind you the wheels did fall off later in the run.

As is always the way the good runs are not on video :champagne:

As for video of instinct cert - theres not really anything to film, the dog's don't actually have to move the stock in any particular way, just display interest. I do have 1 of Piper's HT passes on youtube - that was awful work as well, lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...