Chewing...

LilyW

My sister has 2 dogs and they chewed everything, her deck area, her outdoor setting etc but they no longer chew these sorts of things. I was just asking because my pup has not done any chewing, only on her toys, so was just wondering the age i should be cautious of it starting... I will look around for some other threads.

Thanks.

Billy isnt too much of a chewer, he has chewed a few things, the hose and stuff if we leave it laying around, but not too much of anything, however he uses the swinging chair often as his bed and one day after months of no trouble he half destroyed one of the cushions.......so dont get too complacent, he may have some big random chewing act up his sleave yet, just when you dont expect it :rofl:

I dont know if this is any help, Lola chewed from 8 weeks (and that was everthing including the legs of a irreplaceable antique chair to my daughters barbies, toys, etc etc) all the way through to about 18 weeks (when her adult molars finished erupting) and then just confined herself to her shanks... The new puppy Myf is a big chewer and is only 13 weeks if she isnt chewing she is digging. lol.

Taking a line from Charlie & the Chocolate Factory 'chewing, chewing, chewing, chewing, chewing, chewing all day long :rofl:

my staffy boy now 9 months. has not chewed a thing,, other than his own toys and nylabone..

my other boy toby lhasa apso x,, is a devil in disguise and is 2 this year and still chews things,, yesterday he stole a straw broom from the garage and chewed it up :rainbowbridge:

My boy is 11 months old and is still a real chewer. Loves chewing shoes, glasses, glasses cases. He has about 15 chew toys, however the shoes are more appealing.

He went through a faze where he enjoyed chewing the deck, however citronella oil worked a treat

Well fingers crossed we can bypass the chewing, but hey, she may just grow into that faze instead of out of it... :rainbowbridge: she is no saint but i am very happy at how well behaved she has been so far. She drags her bed out of her kennel every day but never even chews that... perhapes she doesn't know if she can... she doesn't bark either, once or twice but that is about it...

We had a staffy a number of years ago & she was still chewing everything at 2 years of age. My 2 sons were mortified every time she chewed their toys. Anything that was left lying around was fair game. Our 13 week Maltese is pretty good re. chewing. She has left bite marks on the coffee table, but generally chews her own toys. :)