Refusing To Drop

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Video, as promised:

http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid...643584873592773

That is one very hot dog who really couldn't be arsed, although he DID drop pretty well in that take. The reject videos included dog tongue on lense, very unflattering views of my butt in jeans I didn't realise were so tight (which have since been deleted) and one of a dog that didn't want to do anything but lie down and melt.

I think this proves that I am very crap at taking videos without a camera crew, decent lighting and someone to manage my wardrobe :cry:

I have just given Daegon a quick drop trial...the dog drops again :cry:

I have no idea what's happened over the past few days. For the last 5 months or so Daegon has barely eaten, needing to be force fed to keep any weight on his bones. I start this thread and he is back to cleaning his bowl on his own...and dropping, with enthusiasm.

WTF?! :rofl:

He is making a total liar and idiot out of me! :rofl: :rofl:

It's almost like I have had a different dog for the past 5 months, like Daegon's body has been here but not his mind...and now he's back. Most odd, but hey I'm not complaining! It's damn nice to have my enthusiastic, eating boy back! He even wants to play with his toys without Kovu!! :p

(Even if he has made me look stoopid by changing the day I start this thread! :p)

Edited by shekhina

I have just given Daegon a quick drop trial...the dog drops again :cry:

I have no idea what's happened over the past few days. For the last 5 months or so Daegon has barely eaten, needing to be force fed to keep any weight on his bones. I start this thread and he is back to cleaning his bowl on his own...and dropping, with enthusiasm.

WTF?! :rofl:

He is making a total liar and idiot out of me! :rofl: :rofl:

It's almost like I have had a different dog for the past 5 months, like Daegon's body has been here but not his mind...and now he's back. Most odd, but hey I'm not complaining! It's damn nice to have my enthusiastic, eating boy back! He even wants to play with his toys without Kovu!! :p

(Even if he has made me look stoopid by changing the day I start this thread! :p)

Do you think your body language might have changed a bit - they are masters of reading this.........otherwise you have a freak computer literate dog

Remember.... reward the heck out of him doing drops now, that way they are less likely to be an issue in the future

Edited by NaturallyWild

Nope, I'm the same as I've always been. Very, very confusing indeed :cry:

That first night he ate his dinner, and ate it quickly, was a complete shock...he hasn't done that in soooo long. I can't think of anything that's changed in the last few days. I'm sure there's a reason for it, but I can't think of it.

ETA: oh yes, he got rewarded BIG time! :rofl:

Edited by shekhina

What the hell do you mean you have a problem with drop?! That's how Daegon USED to be, when he was a good boy! :cry:

Hehe, well he's so much better than he used to be, but I'd like to see more enthusiasm from him and sometimes he's still a little slow to get all the way down.

Glad to hear Daegon's doing better. Sometimes it seems they just like to mess with our heads :rofl:

I wish Tango would stop reading these threads about Daegon :rofl:

Tango's slow drops are dominance.....I've found that doing random drops at a distance on our walks has sped his drops up no end...I'm getting him to the stage where he doesn't think - he simply reacts and we have a silly game and keep walking - I always do them during the first third of the walk say 3 times, and then no more..has improved his drops in the house too - except when he's overexcited because we are going for a walk ...and I've gone to the loo...

Could you please write these posts in Greek or Dutch, or any other language that he can't read :cry:

...Tango...has improved his drops in the house too - except when he's overexcited because we are going for a walk ...and I've gone to the loo...

Could you please write these posts in Greek or Dutch, or any other language that he can't read :cry:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nope, I'm the same as I've always been. Very, very confusing indeed :eek:

That first night he ate his dinner, and ate it quickly, was a complete shock...he hasn't done that in soooo long. I can't think of anything that's changed in the last few days. I'm sure there's a reason for it, but I can't think of it.

ETA: oh yes, he got rewarded BIG time! :eek:

:laugh:

When I am training my dogs to drop, I have learnt to keep my face right way from the their front feet. Nails hurt.

Oops, sorry typo.

Edited by Lablover