Groomers And The Oddballs

As a groomer & Schnauzer person i find the problem is most groomers ask there clients which schnauzer clip they want,then they phone us saying which trim do we dog??

We explain to them what a schnauzer should be done & they realize they have had a prior groomer that hadnt a clue,plus the groomers that insist on trimming the beards,actually had a call tonight asking how long will it take for there 6 yr olds beard to grow back as the groomer cut if off(they where in tears) .

The ones who want over the top requests we tend to avoid,we find they always want something different & it just becomes more trouble & time consuming going through the exact details to make sure each side understands.

You get the occasional experts ,the most memorable was clip my dog with a #40 only ,i explained that we wouldnt & they got huffy .I suggested they come & see why .We where abused but they gave us the chance to see the result,the person stood there like OMG & we said thankyou you can find someone else to groom the dog.There was no apology or i didnt realize thankyou very much just a few F88 words .Not worth the money just wanted to make sure the dog wasnt traumatized by a groomer silly enough to do it

One of the funniest grooming disasters was a woman asking someone at a kennel to "trim" the face on her poodle while the dog was staying there.

When the dog came to us it had this huge shaved bit straight down the middle of the head. It just reminded me of the 3 stooges, the one with the bold patch and huge curly hair on either side.

I'm a good groomer :) and I'm in Moorabbin only problem is I'm due to have a baby sometime between now and Monday so won't be back until May-June, not sure of anyone else to recommend.

Prices for a cavi should be around $49.50 - $55.00 for the works, bath, dry, clip, nails cut, ears cleaned and anal glands emptied.