Go The Agility Games!

Vickie

We had an awesome night last night/this morning at the Dusk till Dawn trial. I have finally started entering Trim in some games and we're absolutely loving them. Each presents it's own set of strategies, challenges and opportunities for training. There were some absolutely hilarious moments watching others, especially in pairs. I am so glad I waited till I thought she was ready, we had 3 very smooth & controlled runs and even managed to score our first 51 in Snooker (and we did it at about 3am :hug: ).

I am still a little sceptical about people entering games before they are ready as I think it can cause some big training issues, but once you are ready, it is just about as much fun as you can have on course and I am enjoying working on the new skills that are required to be successful.

We have another Games trial in 3-4 weeks. I can't wait.

Well done Vickie. I have to say my favourite game would have to be Strategic Pairs. That is a real laugh both from a competitor and a spectator point of view. Fine if everything goes according to plan but just watch what happens when it doesn't.

Well done Vickie. I have to say my favourite game would have to be Strategic Pairs. That is a real laugh both from a competitor and a spectator point of view. Fine if everything goes according to plan but just watch what happens when it doesn't.

Yep, I always think the funniest is when the dogs live together & are not sure which handler they are meant to be running with, so they end up doing tandem courses. There were 2 little terriers this morning that were hilarious, each would do a few obstacles & then they'd run into the centre for playtime. You couldn't help but laugh as they were up on their hind legs having the time of their lives, while their owners frantically called them.

We were very boring to watch, everything went completely to plan...but we won our class :) and managed to knock 20 seconds off the course time :hug:

Edited by Vickie

That was Trim and Coogee?

No, Trim & Puzzle, they are shaping up to be a great team. Both are reliable, so we can plan our course without worrying about who needs to do which obstacles, which is often the hard bit if there are weaknesses in training.

Puzzle, duh! Of course. It's been a while since I've done strategic pairs, it's good fun. Must be good to have a regular partner. :hug: Well done to both of you.

I called you yesterday to see if you wanted to go to an evening/night horse show (East Coast Arabian finals night) but you were obviously having MUCH more fun.

There was a Golden in pairs this morning who was zooming exactly like the one in the clip :laugh: . Her partner had to dart all over the place trying to run both parts. It was very funny to watch.

Oh and I met Tia's litter brother last night too. He is very cute & was having the time of his life playing with all the other puppies.

I love the games too, especially the gamblers and strategic pairs. Haven't quite got snooker worked out yet. Strategic pairs can be funny to watch. I love watching the gamblers as well, to see how well set up the teams will be when the bell rings and whether or not they make it in time.

I was lucky enough to find a partner for strategic pairs that compliments Bella - Bella's weakest point is the weavers and her partner's weakest point is contacts so the one trial we have managed to get to the course was set perfectly for us, Bella got to do all the contacts and no weaving!!! Her partner came out of retirement for the pairs so we may not go past novice.

I love the distance part of gamblers too, trying to nut out how to run the first part is a bit trickier. I found a nice circle to run at our last trial but Bella was running so quickly we did the circle 3 times instead of 2. luckily she still got enough points to quali and get her title.

My 1 & only attempt at snooker was a bit of a fizzer. I thought I had the game all worked out. We did our three sets and had enough points. I then went to the closing sequence, got Bella to sit and stood waiting for the signal to tell us we could continue on. Once I got sick of waiting I turned to the judge and asked if I could finish yet. He said yes very casually and the bell sounded about 3/4 of the way through the closing sequence. I though we qualied until someone explained to me how it works LOL. Unfortunately it was the first games day and I was in the ring early so I was one that taught people how not to play snooker :laugh: At least I will know next time.

Edited by helen

My 1 & only attempt at snooker was a bit of a fizzer. I thought I had the game all worked out. We did our three sets and had enough points. I then went to the closing sequence, got Bella to sit and stood waiting for the signal to tell us we could continue on. Once I got sick of waiting I turned to the judge and asked if I could finish yet. He said yes very casually and the bell sounded about 3/4 of the way through the closing sequence. I though we qualied until someone explained to me how it works LOL. Unfortunately it was the first games day and I was in the ring early so I was one that taught people how not to play snooker :confused: At least I will know next time.

That's a bit of a shocker, surely the judge could have helped out a bit, especially in Novice? Did he give a briefing? Our judges on the weekend were great, especially in pairs helping people with where to go next. I guess you'll know next time, but it seems a tough way to learn.

I think Snooker is going to be my favourite game.

Edited by Vickie

One of her brothers in NSW is called Dallas?
I don't think that was it, but I could be wrong
Who was the handler?
I'm pretty sure her name is Joanne
Would love to see what he looks like.

:confused: Well I guess I'll have to take a pic next time I see him. He looks a lot like Tia, from the pics you have put up of her. He's a really happy little guy.

Edited by Vickie

Sounds like fun! where are the trials in 3-4 weeks?

I would love to come and watch. Is there a website with a calander of events?

Castle Hill showground on the 3rd March. It is a Games trial & all but 2 events will be games.

It'd be great if you come along. It's sure to be entertaining. Come & say Hi :confused: . I'm sure you'll have no trouble working out who we are from the pics I have loaded. There are a few other merles, but mine have the long legs :confused:

Edited by Vickie

Okay then it is not Dallas, I don't know its name, but you can pass on my website address of http://www.dogtrick.741.com for her to have a look so she can see what Tia looks like, you are more than welcome to pass on my email address of [email protected] as well. She may have some photos I can look at. I have put up some photos on the border collie thread of 2 of Tia's brothers, they are a lot bigger and the head shape is different.

Castle Hill showground on the 3rd March. It is a Games trial & all but 2 events will be games.

Locked into the diary! ill be there!

I'm sure you'll have no trouble working out who we are from the pics I have loaded.

yes you have avery unique looking family (in a good way) :confused: Im sure i will spot you.

Thanks!

I did the Games Camp at Castle Hill and now am keen to start entering games competitons.

If anyone out there is looking for a partner for Strategic Pairs, pick me, pick me. I have a 400 dog and I understand that the dogs are allowed to jump up one height. So a 300 can jump 400 or a 400 can jump 500.

If you would all keep me in mind just in case someone is looking. Thanks.

Noels.