Puppy Vaccs

kayangel

who here gets the 6 12 and 16 week vacc

some vets give vaccs at 6 weeks then again at 10-12 weeks then again at 16 weeks!!

what do people here belive or give??

Cayenne just got her 12 week vac, the vet swears to me thats all she needs - as long as it is given at 12 weeks and not at 11 etc... he said the 12 week mark is important when doing it this way because of the mothers anti bodies.... He said not many vets in our area do the 3 step option any more...

who here gets the 6 12 and 16 week vacc

some vets give vaccs at 6 weeks then again at 10-12 weeks then again at 16 weeks!!

what do people here belive or give??

Cayenne just got her 12 week vac, the vet swears to me thats all she needs - as long as it is given at 12 weeks and not at 11 etc... he said the 12 week mark is important when doing it this way because of the mothers anti bodies.... He said not many vets in our area do the 3 step option any more...

when i got remys vaccs, he only had the 2 at 12 weeks, vet also said it had to be done at 12 weeks exactly. and it was the nasal spray one, he was sick and got KC after it, poor thig i felt so terrible.. think when the next pup comes ill do the 3 at 16 weeks..

i dunno, its new thing i guess, i thought originally that would be good that he would be covered at an earlier age, i didnt let him mix with other dogs untill probly nearly 2 weeks after the vaccs ( vets advise )

and he still had a mild dose of Kc. wasnt untill maybe 2 days afyer he had the vaccs

just keep an eye on your baby. not a lot you can do...

why do people get the nasal spray???

its to protect against kennel cough...i think

yep it is for KC. but there is a risk as with all vacines that they will develop very mild symptoms of it as well, which remy did.. he wa just more misserable and lethargic than anything with slight cough..

BUT

a few months later he did get KC again,, he also developed a chest infection and had antibiotics for it

why do people get the nasal spray???

its to protect against kennel cough...i think

Yep, it's part of the new C7. We get all of our pups done with all 3 and then all dogs get a booster every year. I've been told it's unnecessary I'm just not game enough to try it.

I vaccinate all my dogs with a C-3 and my puppies as well. Their vaccination regime is first one at 6 weeks. The second at 12 weeks and the third at 16 weeks. This is what my vet reccomends and I trust him and have been a client for well over ten years so he has looked after all my current dogs and puppies.

Bruno had his C3 at 6 weeks, C5 at 12 weeks, then another C5 booster at 16 weeks. Have never heard of the nasal spray before, sounds painful. Bruno has had no side effects, and has already been boarded once, so I'm confident this vaccination routine has worked well for him.

The intranasal spray for KC is meant to be more effective than the injection because the vaccine is basically sprayed directly into the upper respiratory tract. However, I no longer have my dogs vaccinated this way for a number of reasons. Firstly, most of them got side effects which included "reverse sneezing" for days and mild KC symptoms. Also, if the dog snorts the liquid out of its nose immediately after its inserted then the vaccine obviously won't be effective.

There are probably 100's of different viruses/bacteria that cause different types of KC and the vaccines only work for two of them. That's why dogs will still get sick even though they are vaccinated. I wouldn't bother at all with the KC component only that most boarding kennels require a C5... :eek: