Innotek Seminar

Is anyone else going to the innotek seminar on the Gold Coast in April? Its on positive/ negative stimulus training with remote trainers, and sounds really interesting. The trainer (whose name escapes me for a moment) is coming out from Europe.

It is a seminar by "Bart Bellon" being hosted by Innotek. "The secrets to Negative/Positive Stimulus Training".

The Seminars will be held as two one day events so you can chose to go either on Thursday 19th April or Friday 20th April. Held at Nerang Soccer Club at Recreation Drive, Nerang, on the Gold Coast. The seminars will run from 9am to 4pm each day.

$50.00 per head which includes morning and afternoon tea and a lunch.

Must say I don't recall having heard of Bart Bellon before. Anyone know of him or been to his seminars before?

Thanks for posting the details Erny- are you going? I haven't heard of him before now.

Thinking about it .... but given the expense in travel, I'd like to hear opinions from others who might have already attended one (or more) of his seminars.

Barts main experience is from NVBK training and trialing, to my knowledge bart hasnt ever competed in Schutzhund.

I havent been to one of his seminars myself but know people who have attended a seminar of his based on NVBK training.

The people who attended the NVBK seminar seemed to enjoy themselves but said he was abit harsh with his criticism of a few dogs.

I didnt know he was having a e-collar seminar in Aus till i read this thread, I would be interested in going but it looks like i will still be in the US when it is on.

Hi Guys

He is one of the top Euro ring sport trainers, his seminars are good for you in Oz as he is Innoteks European trainer and rep and thats your collar there as I understand it - here in UK there are lots to chose from but I importTri Tronics and they don't in market in Europe - yes his seminars are good and as Innotek is your main collar there you should all get something from his seminar.

Regards

Denis Carthy

London

UK

Edited by Denis Carthy

So, am I reading here that Innotek are charging for us to attend a seminar which will promoting Innotek collars????

Hmmmmmmmm!!!!!!

I get the impression that Bart Bellon will be demonstrating Negative/Positive Stimulus Training and I fully expect, the use of the e-collar in these instances. That Innotek are hosting should not be a surprise that they will have their product on display. Nothing about the seminar (to my knowledge) suggests that Bart's teachings would be relevant ONLY to Innotek equipment. There are differences between one e-collar and the next (sometimes advantages, sometimes disadvantages over one from the other), but dog training principles would surely be the same so whether use be by way of Innotek or other variety of e-collar is IMO irrelevant, provided the chosen e-collar has the appropriate facilities.

Innotek aren't saying "come to Bart Bellon seminar but you MUST by an Innotek collar".

Edited by Erny

I dont see a problem with the seminar, its no different to dog trainers who write books and then hold seminars discussing there training methods.

The methods are the same for all e-collars, all e-collars have a form of continous and momentary stimunlation.

Bart has been using e-collars of all brands and types with great success for well over 15 years now with his dogs competiting at international level.

The seminars price is extremely reasonable and would be well worth going for anyone interested in learning about negative and positive stimulus, with and without the use of the e-collar.

Erny

Nothing about the seminar (to my knowledge) suggests that Bart's teachings would be relevant ONLY to Innotek equipment.

He uses the clicker facility on the Innotek quite a lot with a negative reinforcer - I think its always good to see how another trainer works if they have developed something of their own (I am NOT saying he has), it's the same as all training, someone might have just one little technique that they have worked out themselves and once its been seen or understood it might ad just one little thing to ones own repertoir (or not) - I have not been to a seminar here (UK), I know he held one (which someone linked) I am not sure it was ever repeated.

Edited by Denis Carthy

Something I forgot – there is a new type transmitter holder collar I have been trying since before Xmas.

Its always been a problem keeping the contact points in a snug fit OR knowing they are snug, I have working strain Dobes which means a slim neck on a very smooth haired dog and keeping the normal e-collar strap in a snug fit whilst the dog is running round etc ha always been a bit of a problem, even if its only that you are never certain

The new Bumper Boy ‘stretch strap’ solves all those problems – it has an elastic strip between the end of the collar and the buckle – they come with their own e-collar instructions which says pull the elastic tight and then fit – if you get one to try ignore their instructions, their own e-receiver has a bridge and the instructions are for that transmitter not the normal ones we use – I really recommend anyone to try this boon collar it stops all slipping and sliding and keeps the contact points snug to the neck al the time, a great product long overdue, especially with short hair dogs.

http://www.bumperboy.com/stretch_strap.php

Edited by Denis Carthy

The new Bumper Boy ‘stretch strap’ ... instructions ... say pull the elastic tight and then fit – if you get one to try ignore their instructions ...

Hi Denis :rofl:

Thanks for the info. In your experience, what is the better way to fit the "Bumper Boy" stretch strap collar? Or are you referring to the instructions for the transmitter (assuming a different one is used to that of a "Bumper Boy" one) and not the fitting of the collar. :laugh:

Sorry if I have all of this a-about and haven't comprehended your post as I should.

Erny

In your experience, what is the better way to fit the "Bumper Boy" stretch strap collar? Or are you referring to the instructions for the transmitter (assuming a different one is used to that of a "Bumper Boy" one) and not the fitting of the collar.

HiErny - they come with a short instruction which says pull the elastic band as tight as it will go and put on the dog but it just makes a real very tight fit - I then looked at their site again and noticed the bumper boy receiver has a bridge which raises the transmitter off the neck and in doing so leaves only short lengths of contact points toactually touch the skin - our collars dont have any bridge - the instructions for their straps seem to be for their receivers, never seen one they are new and not even sure they are past the testing stage with them.

What I do with mine is put it on and just stretch a little bit from around the middle of her neck, if it slides up to the slimmer parts, or if she bends her head down the strap just adjusts the tightness to the different width - hard to explain properly one of those things is easy when you see them,I am really seriously pleased with them compared to the normal straps, a real boon with my dog.