The Best Grooming Tool Ever

Has anyone else used a furminator before? I have just bought one and it is the best tool for removing dead, loose hair and undercoat i have ever used. And so easy! My dogs coats feel amazing once all the dead hair has been removed too :laugh:

Yes I got one in the UK a few years ago.

They are good but really you can get the same result by raking a #40 blade through the coat.

The furminator makes it a bit easier with the handle.

I use a combination of implements for carding, as not all coats respond to all methods.

I have yet to find the 'perfect' undercoat remover.

Agree with Saltwood - i dont think there is a tool which is perfect for all dogs.

Some dogs coats love my coat king - others, of the same breed, the CK s absolutely no effect.

I use a combo of Coat King, Furminator, Rake, Slicker and even a spider brush and regular hair brush for some occasions.

I have to admit the furmiator works wonderfully on my greyhounds, but then, so does a hacksaw blade (serious - great for stripping)

Can I ask where you got it and what you paid for it? I was intrigued so I looked at the website and it does look like it works great. I can never seem to get the undercoat out of our lab.

I looked at the websites that were listed on where to buy but they don't list a price.

Thanks,

Jaime

I got mine last week for my cat. He didn't like it, but I think that it was because he didn't like me forcing him to be still, not because it was hurting him. It worked just like the videos show, but only time will tell whether or not it has a significant effect on shedding.

I got it off eBay for about $35.

Guest kitakins

dont buy it in australia. its priced at around 100 bucks for the large one here. best to get it from a us retailer or ebay. remember not to press too hard fang. the ends are quite sharp. use it on your skin to get an idea of how soft the strokes should be. they are pretty rough in the demo clip. i wouldnt press that hard.

Edited by kitakins

I got mine through my vet and used it on 3 out of 4 of my dogs. I got two shopping bags full of hair out of them and their coats now look incredible with all the dead hair gone. I have tried slickers and while they were good, they didn't come close to this!

I would go a medium- they're nice and easy to handle. With having 4 dogs it makes a huge difference in terms of time and i have less hair all over the house already. I don't mind shedding but having a house covered in hair 5 seconds after cleaning can be frustrating!

Cowanbree- i only have short- medium haired dogs so am not really sure- it didn't appear to cut or remove my guys top coat though- for instance, one of my dogs is predominantly white and all the hair that came out was black undercoat.