Barf In Perth

Hi all,

Just wanted to know if anyone on here knows where to buy Dr Ian Billinghurst's BARF (bags or pattys) in Perth (Victoria Park and surrounding suburbs)?

If not Dr Ian's then perhaps a similar product of equal quality?

Cheers,

Ane

• 3 weeks later...

We had been buying from her, but were just told that it's now going to a central distributor. Which means a price rise on the patties, which were already quite expensive enough! And an eleven dollar delivery charge on top of that.

I think this might be to prompt I needed to start making my own.

Edited by waawa

Guest Tiggy

I got them from Erica a few times but it's too far to drive. At the moment I'm feeding Vets All Natural Complete Mix which I have home delivered.

Duncraig is just around the corner from us :laugh:

Can you tell me about the Vets All Natural?

ETA: sorry, cancel that, I looked it up :rofl: I wasn't looking for a dried, grain-based food.

Edited by waawa

Guest Tiggy

I use to bag Vets All Natural for the grain content but since I started feeding it the dogs are looking great and it's so easy to prepare. I soak enough for a few meals for both dogs, mix it with minced chicken frames, kangaroo/turkey mince and liver then freeze it. It's actually really good stuff. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I case anyone is still looking, I emailed Nicole Gallagher and this was the response:

Yes I am distributing BARf Patties in W.A. I have a few pet shops that are now stocking the BARf patties

Paws for a Bargain - 580 Beaufort Street Mt Lawley

Select Pets Bicton - Petra Street East Fremantle.

Also an online pet store www.naturalpaws.com.au She will also organize delivery to your home for a small fee.

The recommended retail on each dog roll is $18.00 . Retail on cat rolls is $8.20

If none of the above retail outlets suit you please let me know and I will sell direct until more retail outlets are available. My price is $18 per roll also plus delivery.

how many patties do you think a medium dog (specifically a corgi) would need per day if fed the dr billinghurst patties alone? :)

if i was to feed this i would mix with raw bones n chicken carcases, but as a costing excercise, i am wondering how much it will cost to feed my 2 stumpies on this alone.

• 3 weeks later...

Bickle & Chiko it depends on their activity level, metabolism, etc but:- based on feeding 2% of bodyweight 10-12kg = 1patty per day, 20-25kg 2 patties per day (they are pretty big). However if you are feeding 50% bones & 50% patties feed half of the above amount.

When I was feeding them to Raf he had two per day, one morning and evening with a small bone once a day and/or an egg, sardines etc thrown in too. He is 23kg. Very active and always hard to keep weight on so one patty on its own just not enough.

Guest Tiggy

www.naturalpaws.com.au - Is now stocking BARF Patties. I went a couple of weeks ago and the lady is really nice. :)

I miss Dr B's BARF patties...well, the dogs do. :)

There's no distributor in Darwin as far as I can tell. :eek:

I've tried to contact the nearest one in QLD but they've ignored my e-mail...I'd be interested in distributing the patties here, if anyone knows a contact for this it would be great!

www.naturalpaws.com.au - Is now stocking BARF Patties. I went a couple of weeks ago and the lady is really nice. :rolleyes:

I got mine a few weeks ago from her also - she is very nice!