The Worst That Could Happen, Did...

Update:

Making a dog run this weekend, my dad is giving me a hand, hes an engineer / welder etc.

Its going to be 2.4m x 2.4m square, and 1.2m high.

Its not as much as i wanted, but its gotta do. Theres enough room for his kennel, bed, toys etc.

Basically 2 days ago he broke through some of the fence (his head is a battering ram now) and the neigbours dog will not even go outside out of fear (poor little guy).

As of saturday, my boy will have a run, and the dog next door will not have to worry anymore.

Ill take some pics when im done, its going to be made out of 4mm thick galv steal mesh (Strong), i wont have anywhere to put a concrete base, but im buying giant pegs to keep it on the ground (its heavy anyway) and hes not much of a digger, if he digs, ill move it to the concrete and he wont get out.

Thanks for all of the advice guys.

Steve

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow Wolf, cant believe how tolerant your neighbours are!

All our dogs have to cope with very hot electric fences (we have horses, goats etc).

I dont see a problem with it... I have been zapped numerous times, it just means you have a greater respect for the fence, which the dogs also do. My dog can jump over those security chainmesh fences so other than putting him in a run - it is the only thing which would work.

With most electric fences it is there to scare you away from it, there is no permanent damage, just gives you a shock.

I dont know why they are banned in some areas as it is better for the dog to get a little zap, than get run over or get in a fight or something, which could lead to permanent damage and a lot of pain for the dog.

Anyway sounds like you have it all under control, hope everything sorts itself out :p