Australian Made Super Premium

Reddii

hi helen

the VAN food seems to contain a lot of raw grains

i was under the impression that dogs can't digest the starch from grains unless it has been partially cooked, like when dog biscuits are extruded using steam.

I don't think that a lot of the grain content would be that digestible in that raw form.... confused.gif

even the soaking isn't going to make much if any difference.....

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always read dog food threads with great interest. I have fed Pro Plan to all my dogs for over 5 years now and have never had a problem with a single one of them. I agree that you should feed a dog what suits it best, obviously all of mine are suited to Pro Plan

As you may or may not know i have started feeding my guys EP Holistic chicken.

They love it, they still look great.

my only issue if is the FARTS!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!! they have never farted on NUTRO and i had forgotten how PUTRID a dog fart is!!!!!

Will it settle down and stop? Or is this what i am in for.

They are not silent either, you can hear them adn then the waft of revolting smell!!

HELP!!!!

My dog has now been on EP holisitic chicken for about a week now, and I have to say haven't had a problem with that.

However am monitoring how many times a day she does a poo as I think this may have gone up!

Gomez strated the EPH on the 23 of March, and so far no farts! He's gone through a bag of chicken and now working on the fish...

Kristie, all they all farting? Better keep some matches handy!!

daccies, I have also noticed he poos twice a day, but smaller and denser than his 1 before, if that makes sense...

His coat has more luster and he is scratching a bit less on the fish, but his breath is fishy!

For the next bag, we will try the duck...

Nah it is just Hunta.

She NEVER did any before.

Have noticed a little more poo but not heaps as they usually get EP once aday as they have chicken frames for breakkie usually.

I will watch it, i only noticed it last night. She dropped 5 and nearly killed me!

Kristie

maybe it is a maturing thing, and nothing to do with the food.

she is going for top dog with killer farts!! LOL

hey she will fit right in with the rotties at training

or maybe she has already learnt some bad lessons from them LOL

sorry just being silly here :thumbsup:

Gomez,

one of my workmates doesn't have air freshener in her toilet,

she just lets first time visitors know about the matches and their purposes in the toilet LOL

she swears by this method!!!

It works 100% better than freshener... try it, you'll see...

With freshener it just smells like farts with flowers or fruits - with matches, it just smells like a match burning, the fumes eat up the bad smells - I'm sure there is some kind of scientific explanation, but.....

HI Iv been reading through the thread

my little girl was on the breeders recipe all fresh food made by me and a little super coat as I was given a packet wanting to upgrade I got Eagle Pack holistic chicken and rice but Lucy was not really going for it When I mention it in puppy class first the Vet gave me a lecture about making my own food how that was not a good idea and that breeders Know nothing :thumbsup: and then told me that advantage is a A grade premium food and was Australian and Eagle Pack was cheap B grade Premium food when I told her that Eagle pack was not cheap and all organic she basically said she did not know anything about it and would not recommend it as it was B grade

I’m thinking she was full of Crap But am I wrong You guys seem to know and Gretel You have a Cav what do you think

HI Iv been reading through the thread

my little girl was on the breeders recipe all fresh food made by me and a little super coat as I was given a packet wanting to upgrade I got Eagle Pack holistic chicken and rice but Lucy was not really going for it When I mention it in puppy class first the Vet gave me a lecture about making my own food how that was not a good idea and that breeders Know nothing :rofl: and then told me that advantage is a A grade premium food and was Australian and Eagle Pack was cheap B grade Premium food when I told her that Eagle pack was not cheap and all organic she basically said she did not know anything about it and would not recommend it as it was B grade

I’m thinking she was full of Crap But am I wrong You guys seem to know and Gretel You have a Cav what do you think

Vets don't get much training on nutrition, and what they do get is from the dog food companies. I can understand why the training is limited though, they don't just deal in dogs, there's also cats, rabbits, horses, birds etc, each species has it's own particular needs. Recommending a commerical, balanced food simplifies matters. Now people are getting more proactive in regards to their pet's health, perhaps some vets will have more open minds. Home made diets get a bad wrap because an unbalanced diet 'can' cause all sorts of problems, bone deformities being just one of them. Most vets probably don't see a lot of other diseases caused by bad nutrition anyway, but if it's what they are taught :thumbsup: I don't think many vets have heard of Eagle Pack, it's still relatively new here in Aus.

so Is Eagle pack holisic A grade ? I thought it was one of the best dry food around or is it B grade and not very good food like she said ?

As far as I'm aware Eagle pack is grade A. I'm feeding it having used Advance before. The list of ingredients seem to be better on Eagle Pack. I think a vet has made a comment, however it is just the one comment which doesn't mean its true. I guess we're all guilty of making comments in ignorance. Maybe this vet wasn't all that up on the Eagle Pack. I'm sure someone else will come on the forum and let us know!!

so Is Eagle pack holisic A grade ? I thought it was one of the best dry food around or is it B grade and not very good food like she said ?

Eagle Pack Holistic is most definitely a grade A++ product - Advance is probably C or D -

bloss said it perfectly above, many vets are not well trained in nutrition -

If you're not convinced by what we say here, do your research - it's all on the web - look up the ingredients of EPH and Advance and do a comparison - if if you're still not sure, come back and askus more questions or email the companies - lately all pet food companies are pretty good about answering questions!

You can also try this website: http://www.dogfoodproject.com/index.php?page=betterproducts it has a lot of good information.

Please don't let your vet discourage you from finding a better food for your little friend