R.i.p Zell

BJ.

I posted about my friends guide dog Zell previously and now I would like to commerate her passing to rainbow bridge. Zell happily retired from her guide dog duties 6 months ago. She really enjoyed being a spoilt pampered pet, sleeping on the bed, pats and treats form people when she was on a walk and not having to go out when she didn't feel like it. Even though she deserved a long and happy retirement it was not to be, Zell was diagnosed with cancer 4 weeks ago, its progress was quick and last Tuesday surrounded by her family at home the vet relieved her suffering. I know her family miss her terribly, but she is also mourned by all of us who had the pleasure of knowing her, she was a wonderful ambassador for guide dogs and will never be forgotten.

R.I.P. My Darling Girl.

Zell0003.jpg

Hi Casper

I must have missed your other post about Zell - tried to find it but they all seem to be about cats :) - anyway just want to say that Zell looks like a terrific dog - the sort I wished I had the pleasure to have met. RIP dear dog. What a great girl.

Katie

What a wonderful girl! At least she got to be pampered for those few months before she died, and made to feel the special girl she was. She knew how much she was loved. So sorry to hear of her passing.

Edited by WendyH

Casper. Best wishes to you, and please pass my thoughts along to your friend. I did have the pleasure of meeting Zell a number of times at Netball. She was a wonderful dog, and deserved a happy retirement. Although it wasn't as long as expected, she was happy having a relax after a life of service.

The very best to all who loved her.

Jo

Sorry to all that I haven't responded sooner, I must admit that I leave this room until I am feeling strong as the lovely posts have me blubbering like a baby. I will certainly pass on your best wishes to Zells owner.

Tornado Zell was a labrador/poodle cross, and no she didn't shed for about 2 weeks of the year, the rest of the time she shed like a lab but the fur was 4 times as long! She was the strangest looking guide dog, she certainly got lots of comments.

Katie I will have to get some photos of my pups up. I have 3 lovely doggies. My post on Zell would have been in the photo section about 12 months ago, not long before she retired.

Thank you all

BJ

My heart goes out to the family, l am so sorry for your loss. l have just lost our beautiful boy brax to cancer, so l know how they feel. Sending heaps of love.

tybrax, tyra,

brax in heaven. :o