Puppy Peeing With Excitement

Kaz

I have just got a 16 week staffyxmastiff pup from blacktown pound. (Foster dog)

Everytime I arrive at her quarantine pen she pees herself with excitement.

Is this something she will just grow out of do you think?

Never had a frantically piddling puppy before

yeah i reckon she'll grow out of it. mac used to do that all the time. she's just way to excited. we stillhave to be careful not to come home from school and make too much fuss or she'll just piddle herself again.

i think it only happens to dogs that get too excited over seeing you. or if you frighten them. but yeah, mac grew out of it

That's very reassuring busterlove. I am hoping when she's ou tof quarantine and living full time with the family that there will be a change.

Emmala worried me... that was up until I realised she was discussing a chi :laugh:

They are wolrd famous piddlers!

That's very reassuring busterlove. I am hoping when she's ou tof quarantine and living full time with the family that there will be a change.

Emmala worried me... that was up until I realised she was discussing a chi :rofl:

They are wolrd famous piddlers!

:) Why am I not surprised! You should see the welcome I get when I come home though, very enthusiastic. Maybe because she is so small the excitement vibes have to go somewhere? :laugh::rofl:

Mum's dog used to do the same, the advice I gave her was to not greet the dog in any way when you get home for 5 minutes, just go about what you need to do when you get home, then after 5 mins greet the dog in a quiet and non-excited tone of voice.

This worked quickly for her, as it turned out when people came in they usually greeted the dog in a higher pitched excited voice and gave the dog pats and hugs etc which instigated the excitement in the dog at all the attention, hence the small pee they do at the time.

Not sure how you are greeting your woofy when you get in the door, but if its a similar way, give it a go and see what happens.

:laugh:

my boys do the same when they were super excited younger dogs

They semi grew out of it. Its all about training, basically we had to find a way to distract them a bit before they get peeing everywhere.

Sally does this as well, especially if we walk into the vets or something and there's another dog she wants to say hello to.

It's quite embarrasing when it happens in such a public place! But I know she can't help it. So much better to meet new people on grass, then no one notices ;)