Akitas In Small Backyards

westiemum

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet apparently in some states 'pet agreements' are enforceable. I tell you its all getting a bit too difficult to navigate. And I'm now beginning to really understand why some landlords just say 'no'. I think its genuinely ' the system' that is at fault.

Yet again, someone who wants to do the right thing is stymied by a system which makes it all too difficult and has come about by trying to take in account the “evils” of renters and the “evils” of landlords. So many people just won’t and/or can’t be bothered to do the right and decent thing.

I no longer go very far on my dog walks, but when I roamed far and wide, I used to see some terrible neglect both by owners and renters. Some of the houses in my area have changed hands in the past couple of years and I find it hard to believe the state some people allow their yards to get to. However, the worst by far, is a family who owns their home, has lived here for twice as long as I have, and their yard is disgusting. At least they finally moved the rusty broken down old car that had sat there for about 15 years :laugh: . And when they open the garage :eek: . It beggars belief: packed to the ceiling with what looks like rubbish.

Which is rather going off topic, but relates to the fact that some people just live in squalor with no respect for their own or other people’s belongings. I have been on both sides of the fence - a renter and a landlord - and never want to be either again.

Yet apparently in some states 'pet agreements' are enforceable. I tell you its all getting a bit too difficult to navigate. And I'm now beginning to really understand why some landlords just say 'no'. I think its genuinely ' the system' that is at fault.

Yet again, someone who wants to do the right thing is stymied by a system which makes it all too difficult and has come about by trying to take in account the "evils" of renters and the "evils" of landlords. So many people just won't and/or can't be bothered to do the right and decent thing.

I no longer go very far on my dog walks, but when I roamed far and wide, I used to see some terrible neglect both by owners and renters. Some of the houses in my area have changed hands in the past couple of years and I find it hard to believe the state some people allow their yards to get to. However, the worst by far, is a family who owns their home, has lived here for twice as long as I have, and their yard is disgusting. At least they finally moved the rusty broken down old car that had sat there for about 15 years :laugh: . And when they open the garage :eek: . It beggars belief: packed to the ceiling with what looks like rubbish.

Which is rather going off topic, but relates to the fact that some people just live in squalor with no respect for their own or other people's belongings. I have been on both sides of the fence - a renter and a landlord - and never want to be either again.

Yep I'm the same DD - I'm working very hard at the moment to not be a landlord or a renter again. You're right - its got far too hard on both sides - and its the system that is at fault.