What Shampoo Will Make My Dog Smell Delicious?

PW Sorry I have no real suggestions except Aloveen (I've been using it that long!) ;)

But I just wanted to add that I didn't think you good use human shampoo on dogs - something about the different Ph levels. Possibly different chemicals too, I'm not sure.

But I don't really know what's in Dermaveen, so I wouldn't know exactly, but I'd be looking in to it first.

Someone else might know though. :)

I'[ve read that, too. Luckily my dog's don't have overly sensitive skin and I've not had any problems using the human stuff occasionally. The Aristopet "Poodle shampoo" I have doesn't even have a list of ingredients on the label, only something like, "for use on animals only". Doesn't inspire confidence :wave: .

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dogs HATE aloveen as the smell (especially the conditioner) is very strong, so try a small container to start with, particularly if your dog is sensitive to strong artificial smells.

For smelly fosters I love using the Fido's shampoo (just the normal one). It it very reasonably priced, and leaves them smelling like the bubble bath I remember from when I was a kid.

By FAR my most favourite thing is the lavender rinse that Aussie Pooch Mobile use. You can buy it from them in a spray on bottle (in theory you can buy it - I have been trying to get some since last year with no luck :))

I've just spent a packet on the Aloveen, so I hope my dog doesn't mind it. I'll use it sparingly like you said BittyMoo. If we're not too keen on it, I'll give the Fido's shampoo a try. Your dogs are soooo cute by the way. I especially like the pic of Blossom.

I've just spent a packet on the Aloveen, so I hope my dog doesn't mind it. I'll use it sparingly like you said BittyMoo. If we're not too keen on it, I'll give the Fido's shampoo a try. Your dogs are soooo cute by the way. I especially like the pic of Blossom.

Thanks Sally. She's a princess and she knows it :wink:

ETA: The picture in my avatar is Blossom too. Dumped at the pound, emaciated, at 6 months old, and only weighing as much as an 8 wk old pup. No-one will believe it when I tell them it is the same dog.

Your dogs will probably be fine with the Aloveen - I just seem to have a bunch that hate perfume smells.

Edited by BittyMooPeeb

Well thats what I thought, I purchased some oral care gel for Mav and the shampoo and conditioner and customs wanted $49.00.

Strange really as I have purchased other stuff from the U.S.A and its come in without being taxed. Mamas cocker spaniel is spoilt. :)

Serious??? What was the value of the products? :D

You must have gotten a Customs Officer that day with PMT! ;)

ALOVEEN... you KNOW what I mean... :)

I once used some on myself when I ran out of Shampoo. I kinda turned myself on actually... is that SO WRONG??? :D

;) Im glad im not the only one whos resorted to the dog shampoo when the human shampoo has all but evaporated!!

My favorite is Nature's Specialties - "Plum Silky" its Soap and Chemical free.. and does semeel "delicious" (eating your dog is strongly not advised) You may have to get it overseas no one distributing it here any more. And its a 28:1 concentrate. Its FANTASTIC stuff IMO.

• 3 weeks later...
By FAR my most favourite thing is the lavender rinse that Aussie Pooch Mobile use. You can buy it from them in a spray on bottle (in theory you can buy it - I have been trying to get some since last year with no luck ;))

that would be the Petway Aroma Care Spray :thumbsup: .It's the one i always used as i owned a dog wash business also and still have some stock of it.You can use it as a rinse in the hydrobath or as a spray after they're dried.You can also get an aroma care shampoo now which has the same smell

Wonder why you can't buy it off them at the moment?

It really smells great and lasts for ages

• 2 weeks later...

By FAR my most favourite thing is the lavender rinse that Aussie Pooch Mobile use. You can buy it from them in a spray on bottle (in theory you can buy it - I have been trying to get some since last year with no luck :rofl:)

that would be the Petway Aroma Care Spray :laugh: .It's the one i always used as i owned a dog wash business also and still have some stock of it.You can use it as a rinse in the hydrobath or as a spray after they're dried.You can also get an aroma care shampoo now which has the same smell

Wonder why you can't buy it off them at the moment?

It really smells great and lasts for ages

Just because they are so busy here. I could get some if I could pin them down! :rofl:

Is Aloveen good for dogs with pure white coat?

It is a normal shampoo so wont do anything special for a white coat, if that is what you are after. I use Fido's whitey britey (my name - I cant remember what it is called) for a knock-your-socks-off glow on a white coat :rofl:

Edited by BittyMooPeeb

Another in favour of Fido's White and Bright. I used it on my Tri coloured Cavalier and the white is really a brilliant white. I've tried a few of the others but Fido's is the winner.

I use Aloveen shampoo and Leave In Conditioner for the other dogs. They're all black and tan.