Gunky Ear

Don't you know that dogs have schizophrenic mouths?

They are sieves when there is something in it that YOU want there, and like a vice when there is something in there that THEY want there! :thumbsup:

. He pulled a pile of gunk and hair out

The groomer should have been pulling out all the hair.......

While I do agree with you....it can depend on the area. I have a vet in my area who requests that groomers do not pull the hair out, insisting it causes infected ears.

we have one of those vets in our area too :thumbsup:

Well, a traumatic experience this morning. Put in the ear cleaner. Big yelp and a snarl and an aim for my hand. Right, expected, so on went the muzzle. After that he calmed down and let me wipe the ear and then put in the medicated goop but he's all sulky and 'Cuddle me, Mummy!' now. Poor babykins ... He got an extra large bit of Ziwipeak (and this time the tablet went down!).

I s'pose it depends on the groomer then? As I do the ears for just baths. Ears and nails always get done, I also encourage clients to drop in free of charge for in between ear shaves/plucks and nail clipping.

That's what I do too unless asked otherwise.

That's fab, Dru and Ari. It's what the groomer that we used to have did. I do most of everything in grooming but I never did ears or feet for my dogs because they're wriggle pots! :(

Yes some dogs can be wrigglers to put it mildly :D . Perhaps that's why it wasn't done...maybe he gave them some trouble and they forgot to tell you.

I noticed a little blood this morning when I cleaned his ears. So hopefully, the vet will sort that out. Other than shaking his head to get the fluid out it doesn't seem to be bothering him.

I noticed a little blood this morning when I cleaned his ears. So hopefully, the vet will sort that out. Other than shaking his head to get the fluid out it doesn't seem to be bothering him.

The shaking is good for helping dislodge the waxy debris at the bottom of the ear canal. Don't let him do until you've given the fluid a little massage near the base of his ears, though. I'm guessing vet showed you how to do the ears.

Sometimes the gunk can look a dark reddish brown with an infection present. Keep up the cleaning :) .

Oh yes, he gets a two minute massage of the cleaner and a two minute massage of the antibiotic drops. He makes this hilarious satisfied moaning sound when I'm doing the massage, tail wagging all the time. :)