Science Diet

thanks. I still think fresh is a better way to go, imagine the price you pay for the commercial one you can feed a very good barf diet for weight lost already.

yes, but some people don't like to or can't feed raw and it's better to feed a good kibble than one full of crap...

All the advice has been great :( Go for the good stuff. It lasts longer, because the dogs get what they need just by having their normal required feed. Feeding cheep crap, just leaves them hungry, and wanting more 'crap'..

I dont like Hills... Well... We won a bag last year, a HUGE bag.. and NONE of the dogs would touch it. So we donated it to the RSPCA.

90% of what I feed my dogs in the way of Dry kibble is Royal Canin Mini, and they all seem to love it.. But for that little bit of variety, I always buy a bag of something different, usually Eaglepack Holistic Anchovy, just for added flavour. Or the Pro Plan Lamb & Rice Puppy, as I need that extra fat content as my little dogs are so active.

I have just started them with some Ziwipeak sprinkled on top, just a tiny bit.. And they go nuts!

• 3 weeks later...

When Keg had his rash the vet (a younger one at the practice I only saw once) suggested Hills Z/D for allergies. Looking that the ingredients list, I can barely remember a difference in the normal stuff, except for one or two ingredients with names I couldn't pronounce.

I find it hard to believe something with artificial stuff in it would make some sort of allergy or immune system issue be more likely to be resolved, than natural products.