A Bit Of A Brag

Congrats Cosmolo & Cosmo! It must be nice to see your hard work paying off in both obedience and agility. Can I ask though - what's a members trial? Is it like a ribbon trial (where you get ribbons if you win, but your score isn't official so you can't win out to a higher level?)

And I want to see the staffy video too, please! :confused:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats Cosmolo & Cosmo! It must be nice to see your hard work paying off in both obedience and agility. Can I ask though - what's a members trial? Is it like a ribbon trial (where you get ribbons if you win, but your score isn't official so you can't win out to a higher level?)

And I want to see the staffy video too, please! :D

Exactly the same as a ribbon trial (but you have to be members of that particular club) - you get ribbons/ trophies etc, but the scores don't count toward your title :confused:

Cosmolo ..... regardless of ribbons, trophies or not ...... glad you were happy with Cosmo's performances on the day. That's what's important. Congratulations. I think the 'bow' instead of the 'stand' would have cracked a smile from me too. :confused:

Even though it was the wrong move, it would seem that Cosmo was trying to get things right. :D

A friend's dog who is high up in the agility comp ladder does some funny but quirky things at times too. On one occasion, he saw someone he recognised (and obviously loved), ran out of the ring part way through the agility course, greeted this person then ran straight back in to finish the course beautifully. DQ'd of course, but his owner was happy with what he did do inside the ring, laughed about the 'greeting' event, although was mindful of it in future trials. :)

I can't say i laughed straight away when she did it as i couldn't believe she had! She had just done some great stands outside the ring- stand right from being in drive with a tug- perfectly. And it didn't help that there was another competitor standing there who said its our fault for not coming down to train as much as we used to!! We do come down, just on a different day to them :( It would have taken alot of control from the owner/ handler of the dog you mention Erny, to keep them running so well after something like that! I think i would have laughed or cried in the middle of the ring! :kissbetter:

Thanks MsJames, she is our spunky little girl..