A Bit Of A Brag

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I heard alot of the other dogs failed?

Now iv'e been told they all failed, so how can you win?

I have to admit - that part confused me aswell. Not taking away from your moment of glory, just curious.

the dogs that broke their stays would have a NQ non qualify... the ones that stayed would of had a score, depending on their scores in their individual heeling etc,, then that dog with higer score obviosly wins the ring..

does that make sence or have i confused myself or u more??

Edited by ReXy

the dogs that broke their stays would have a NQ non qualify... the ones that stayed would of had a score, depending on their scores in their individual heeling etc,, then that dog with higer score obviosly wins the ring..

does that make sence or have i confused myself or u more??

But if THEY ALL came up NQ's then no one wins.

You can't say you won if you were NQ but still had the highest score.

Thats like saying you won you show class, but you were the only one in it :rofl:

Steven Bradbury ring a bell anyone :rofl:

Thanks for that comment sway :rofl: Why can't people just be nice about someone 'winning' something. She made one small error which DQ'd her but every other dog also DQ'd and Cosmo's other exercises were excellent so she was the best dog on the day and won. If we want to get all technical about a members trial then so be it but i was just happy that she was the best dog on the day- to me that is a win.

hahah i see yes true sway.. if they all NQ then no passes no one wins..

but in saying that, if your dog performed well, and your happy with that thats a win too

Edited by ReXy

.If we want to get all technical about a members trial then so be it but i was just happy that she was the best dog on the day- to me that is a win.

Yes best NQ dog on the day :rofl:

I don't have issues with her being NQ, but i think that is am important part of the story telling.

You obvioulsy didn't :rofl:

lol least bad like it

didnt any dog pass all the exercises if not poorly

hey my dogs one a few classes when hes the only dog in it actually wehn we had horses i remember stewrding for a judge who gave a second to a competitor that was the only entry because he said it wasnt up to a first place

and in the rider class two entries he refused to give prizes and he said the riders were well below the standard required and shouldnt have been entered how embarrassing

No i didn't- Because i posted quickly without going into her technical performance- i didn't mention things she did really well either :rofl: If someone had asked about her performance i could have gone into detail, but to liken her to winning against no competition is offensive to me.

She was the best dog on the day and it was a members trial- can't i have a bit of a brag and be proud of our performance without being shot down in flames? A simple congrats would have been sufficient- i already know it wasn't a pass and wouldn't have counted in a real trial- no need to shove it in my face, i had enough of it yesterday and I'm absolutely sick and tired of dealing with people who just want to bitch about things. Tell me why it matters? This was meant to be a simple post because i was proud of my dog and our efforts.

lol least bad like it

didnt any dog pass all the exercises if not poorly

hey my dogs one a few classes when hes the only dog in it actually wehn we had horses i remember stewrding for a judge who gave a second to a competitor that was the only entry because he said it wasnt up to a first place

and in the rider class two entries he refused to give prizes and he said the riders were well below the standard required and shouldnt have been entered how embarrassing

exactly right , i have stewared horse shows before where judges give no first placings because they dont think they are of high enough standard..

Tell me why it matters? This was meant to be a simple post because i was proud of my dog and our efforts.

No one said don't be proud or it doesn't matter.

I asked a QUESTION

I was trying to work out how it all worked.

Sorry Sway, but likening us to Steven Bradbury or being the only dog in a class is hardly just trying to work out how it all worked- its insulting.. She won because it was a members trial and she was the best dog on the day- why can't it be that simple? And why does anyone have to put a negative spin on something that i found to be positive?

No i didn't- Because i posted quickly without going into her technical performance- i didn't mention things she did really well either :rofl: If someone had asked about her performance i could have gone into detail, but to liken her to winning against no competition is offensive to me.

She was the best dog on the day and it was a members trial- can't i have a bit of a brag and be proud of our performance without being shot down in flames? A simple congrats would have been sufficient- i already know it wasn't a pass and wouldn't have counted in a real trial- no need to shove it in my face, i had enough of it yesterday and I'm absolutely sick and tired of dealing with people who just want to bitch about things. Tell me why it matters? This was meant to be a simple post because i was proud of my dog and our efforts.

you should be proud of her shes your dog you were happy with her and thats all that matters.. good on you for giving it a go

as u said it was only a members comp .. but still important to you..

Sorry Sway, but likening us to Steven Bradbury or being the only dog in a class is hardly just trying to work out how it all worked- its insulting.. She won because it was a members trial and she was the best dog on the day- why can't it be that simple? And why does anyone have to put a negative spin on something that i found to be positive?

no one is being neagtive about it really, its just the way it all comes out.. as sway said , just trying to work out how it all worked ouit thats all.

be proud of her ok.. officailly they all NQ but if she was the best of them all then great good work to you..

re-read my post

Thats like saying you won you show class, but you were the only one in it

Steven Bradbury ring a bell anyone

Now you see where i mentioned Steven, about show dogs :rofl: