Puppy Pen

hazel

I was reading on a post here about creating a puppy pen with some compost mesh ( I think .. ) for about $20 from Bunnings . What a good idea I thought ! So off I went to Bunnings today but alas , I could not find anything in the compost bin section that would make a puppy pen . ( Even the very helpful man could not suggest anything )

If anyone here has experience with this product could you please give me a few more detail and I will go and have another look .

Thanks so much !

I was told they were a one off purchase that is done for the whole country. Once the supply sent to each store is bought there is no more. They've been trying to source more stock since December last year. I managed to find a local store hiding two away in May that I got but it took a bit of ringing around.

Quote the product number 3160000 (LC002 Waste Storage Cage) when calling so they know exactly what you are after. :laugh:

I was told they were a one off purchase that is done for the whole country. Once the supply sent to each store is bought there is no more. They've been trying to source more stock since December last year. I managed to find a local store hiding two away in May that I got but it took a bit of ringing around.

Quote the product number 3160000 (LC002 Waste Storage Cage) when calling so they know exactly what you are after. :laugh:

Really, my Bunnings told me it is a regular line, I see them in stock all the time. Maybe its regular stock for QLD.

I bought 2 some time ago at Bunnings Mildura and have been checking back for weeks to get another. It's apparently a Bunnings line and they only let them out to some stores every now and then - they had them in again last week so keep looking!

They are actually next to the doggy stuff (kennels, beds etc.) in my local Bunnings now! :rofl: Stock seems to be replenished too. I bought the last two a while back and there are planty now :rofl:

Edited by FHR

I was reading on a post here about creating a puppy pen with some compost mesh ( I think .. ) for about $20 from Bunnings . What a good idea I thought ! So off I went to Bunnings today but alas , I could not find anything in the compost bin section that would make a puppy pen . ( Even the very helpful man could not suggest anything )

If anyone here has experience with this product could you please give me a few more detail and I will go and have another look .

Thanks so much !

saw them today at Bunnings at Dural in the compost bin section

• 3 weeks later...

I bought 4 of them this week to use for my Norfolks at shows. I ended up phonng around the Bunnings stores first as not all had them. Some stores have them listed as a P ( promotional item) and some as a C ( stocked item)

I just have t o work out how to stop the springs winding themselves off the corners lol

Ian

I bought 2 some time ago at Bunnings Mildura and have been checking back for weeks to get another. It's apparently a Bunnings line and they only let them out to some stores every now and then - they had them in again last week so keep looking!

I just have t o work out how to stop the springs winding themselves off the corners lol

I don't think you can LOL. I just used cable ties on mine, leaving one corner 'open' and I close that up with a few old leash clip thingys :love:

I got mine a few weeks ago from Bunnings Altona (in Melbourne), they had 4 left after I bought mine. Am tempted to get another one though, would be handy.

Now why didnt I think of cable ties :love: I will also try and bend up the ends like they do on the c -crate xpens so that their springs dont unwind

Ian

I don't think you can LOL. I just used cable ties on mine, leaving one corner 'open' and I close that up with a few old leash clip thingys :vomit:

I got mine a few weeks ago from Bunnings Altona (in Melbourne), they had 4 left after I bought mine. Am tempted to get another one though, would be handy.

Guest Pandii
Picture of label here.

Picture of cage/compost bin here.

Your links wont work for me :love:

Pandii that's due to the forums being moved to a new server recently. Try these updated links:

Picture of label here.

Picture of cage/compost bin here.

Thank you

Hi Everyone,

These are such a great idea! I joined two together and it is a great size.

And for all those Victorians..... I bought two from Bunnings in Scoresby last night and they still had 8 left!

None at Chirnside, Bayswater or Box Hill though.

Thanks for the tip. It will be great for our new addition :thumbsup: