Supercoat Puppy

Lil Miss LeiLani

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have recently gone back to using Supercoat. I have tried more expensive brands, (Eukenuba, Science Diet) Royal canin sounds great, but it also is quite expensive and not easy to get in some areas, I changed to supercoat because economically it suits me much better having quite a few dogs. I feed my labs 1 cup of supercoat a day and they get mince, chicken wings, meaty bones, once a week they get sardines and an egg. As well as natural yoghurt about 3 times a week. I haven't found any change in coat condition, weight etc with supercoat. When I first started the change, they did poo a bit more, but now that has settled down and they are back to normal. I think if you feed them too much they poo more. I wouldn't recommend Supercoat if it was the only food fed to the dog, but as a top up to the raw diet I don't think it hurts at all. If anything I think it would be beneficial.

I originally fed my Rottweiler SuperCoat Puppy - and I regret it. He had LOADS of sloppy poos - and he developed colitis due to the large amount of waste that he was producing.

Supercoat - being an inferior quality food - requires that you feed your pets large quantities of product to give them enough energy etc.

We swapped to Eagle Pack - jumped from $40 for a 18kg bag of SuperCoat, to $100 for a 15kg bag of Eagle Pack - but it is worth EVERY penny.

If you buy in bulk, I believe most suppliers give you a discount - we save between $10 -$15 per bag if we buy more than one - and yes, it is a large outlay - but you have to keep buying the food anyway, it doesnt go off that quickly, so it is a saving.

It costs us about $5 a day to feed our boy - and he is a 40kg Rotti.

This includes his Eagle Pack and any additions - vegies, rice, pasta, sardines, human grade mince, treats etc.

I think that is quite cheap.

In the long run, it works out cheaper to feed a HIGH quality food - your Nutro, Eagle Pack, Royal Canin. As i believe they end up having less 'issues' and less vet visits.

win win situation if you ask me!!