Poodle Coat Grooming Question

I have someone comming to adopt a Cocker x Poodle today and i bathed him about an hour ago and he's still so wet. I have towel dried him over and over. Is it ok to use a human hair dryer on him? Like if it's not too hot? I can't let him outside , learnt that the hard way last time when he decied to roll in some mud and poo :rofl: :rolleyes: I have a heater on but he won't stay in front of it of course. Any ideas?

edited for spelling

Edited by openarms

Go the human hair dryer, use it on a lower heat setting and move it around so it doesn't get too hot in the one spot. Is amazing how quickly that happens. If you want him fluffy and soft, brush the fur as you dry.

I'd love to have 3 hands- much easier to part the fur, so you dry from the base outwards :rolleyes: .

Yes you can use a human dryer with CARE. If it has a cool setting use that - if not do as pw suggested hold the dryer far back and move it around to avoid burning the dog - yes you can. If you brush and dry together the coat will dry faster - if you cant manage a brush use your hand to run through and fluff up the coat while using the dryer with the other hand.

I just realised i should have brushed him before washing him :rolleyes: He has a fe knots around his neck where his collar was that i am having trouble getting out with a slicker brush. I can untangle them with my fongers a bit but its tedious. Does anyone have any advice as to how to get them out? Thanks :rofl:

I just realised i should have brushed him before washing him :rolleyes: He has a fe knots around his neck where his collar was that i am having trouble getting out with a slicker brush. I can untangle them with my fongers a bit but its tedious. Does anyone have any advice as to how to get them out? Thanks :rofl:

Use a metal comb if you have one.. the slicker will just brush over them.

Yes you can use a human hair dryer, I use one all the time. Knots and tangles that aren't removed before bathing are much harder to get out, use the top two or three teeth of a metal comb to loosen the matt, then pull it apart with your fingers and divide it into sections. Comb out each section individually making sure that you remove the tangling right back to the skin. It's time consuming, but you'll get there if you persevere.

I don't have one but i am going to go out and buy one shortly to see if that makes it any easier. I'd just have him groomed professionaly if i could but nobody can do it like right now lol. Lol poor boy hes so good he just lets me brush him and fiddle around trying to get his fur untangled.