Victoria

Clyde

Victoria lost her battle against Laryngeal Paralysis today, I left her at the vets for radiographs where she turned cyanotic, they put her on oxygen until I got back there and the decision was made to put her to sleep with sadly no other alternatives.

She will be painfully missed and fondly remembered. It was a pleasure being owned by her :rofl:

I am so sorry Dru.

Big hugs from our lot to yours.

Rest in eternal peace, Victoria

Jodie and Ollie dog

Dru,

I am so sorry to hear that Victoria passed away.

I know there is nothing I can say to make the pain go away, but please when your up to it, send you favourite picture of her and I will do some portraits for you.

Please take care

Hugs

Maree

:rofl: I'm so very sorry Dru and my heart goes out to you as I know what you are feeling with it only been a month ago that we lost our "Darling Lloyd ". I know how much you and your little girl loved Victoria and also how much she loved you .

I'm sure Lloyd will be there to play and run with her over the :D

Rest In Peace Dear Girl

Julie , Michael and the Versoix Saints

I haven't looked here for a while....it breaks my heart a bit. :)

I was so sorry to hear about your loss Dru. Victoria was a lovely dog.

I hope Grace is coping with her loss.

Lots of :rofl::rofl: for you both.

RIP Victoria. :)

Thanks guys. I really appreciate your comments and emails. It's been a pretty miserable couple of weeks I guess as it was so unexpected. I had decided to go ahead with whatever was necessary and had really thought I would be bringing her home that evening. I had no idea she had LP as she had previously had trouble with her breathing after a dog bit her in the throat resulting in two operations on top of her already damaged airways from being debarked prior to living with me. Due to all the scar tissue a tie back was not an option. Either way, she couldnt breathe at all at the vets from being so distressed, I guess she was okay with me as she was calm so I had no idea how far along the LP was. She really had a horrible death and I guess that what makes it harder.... she was yelping at the end so there was no time for good byes, she had also been marginally sedated and would have died from lack of oxygen within minutes.

I'm guessing she had always had LP as she was a noisy breather but had been told by another Saint breeder that her lines were often 'noisy', plus her hoarse bark I put down to being debarked and bringing up food I put down to restricted airways from scar tissue and intolerance to certain foods. Last summer she got more huffy so I shaved her right back which helped alot so once again I assumed it was age, heat and the other factors. The vet she saw the other day knew what it was immediately, but by then it was too late. George and Angus are fretting more than I thought they would, Grace cries every now and again but doesn't understand the concept of death and that she's not coming back and now Trevor the cat has contracted chlamydia even though he is an indoor cat. The turmoils of pets! Victoria would have gone at least two more years if it wasn't for the LP she was in just such great health otherwise. :eek:

Anyway, have always cussed all the hair and slobber but now I'm missing it like crazy, can't see my house being a home without another Saint somewhere down the line.

Thanks again!

Edited by Dru

Dru,

I dont come in this section as its to painful but when I saw Victoria's name, my heart sank.

I am so sorry to hear of Victoria's passing. Glad that you were able to be with her before she left this world for her next adventure.

Dru, we are both so very sorry to hear that Victoria is gone, and that it was such a traumatic passing. You changed Victoria's life into one of happiness, security, and joy. I know that she gave just as much back to you. The loss of a Saint is a great one indeed, as anyone who has lost one will acknowledge. Their mightiness sometime makes us believe they are invulnerable. I am sure that one day you will welcome another Saint into your lives. Keep her happy memories close and know that you did everything right by Victoria.

Phillipa and Ian