Shampoo

Hey all..Im trying to chase down a name of a shampoo it ended with Gel? im not sure its for a long breed of dog as im getting into showing...

Shampoo was pink ..im sure alot are pink lol im kinda lost infact dunno what im tryin to say haha

What do you's uses on ya long haired dogs?

Edited by Daxhound

Yes I've just finished my bottle and I can't say it was fantastic for my dogs - but MY hair feels great! ;) ;)

The Evening Primrose Conditioner is pink but the Royal Jelly Shampoo is just milky-honey-coloured - smells good enough to eat! :) I do like the shampoo but I think it was the conditioner letting me down with my long-coats. So I switched conditioners and that works a treat :rofl:

ahh ok im gettin mine on friday... iv only used it on one of my bitches.. that was a week ago and she still smells yummy lol... so ill do my boy this weekend see how he goes.. i only got the 500ml bottles of each as it was about $30 for each bottle lol...

All goes well i will get the bigger bottles?

I brought a 100% bore bristle brush today are they any good? or i was looking at a plush puppy one

A lot of people on here recommended Aloveen when I asked. I bought the shampoo and conditioner. It makes my Maltese's hair extremely silky, soft. It has some oatmeal in it which means she doesn't get itchy afterwards like she did with a cheap shampoo I tried.

On the long coats i just use the simple plush puppy brush not the bore bristle.

Dont think the more you spend the better the result.

The key to a good show coat in dachies is the hand stripping,blow drying correctly & using the right product for the dogs coat ,that may mean dilurting a product or using it neat or sometimes mixing/matching

Yeah im new to dog showing... i will soon find out whats good to use and whats not...

Yes i hand strip him,also blow dry him... He is still a puppy and does still have a lil fluf,f im striping outa him...what im doin is working for me and his coat...

Daxhound

Just remember with the Groomers royal jelly shampoo to double wash with it.

If you are going to use the tropical conditioner then you only rinse it out till it is milky.

The biggest trick is to make sure that you heat blow dry the coat dry.

Good luck